laid off, how long can you stay without a job?

freaked

Registered Users (C)
I'm going to be laid off in a week. I'm 15 months after filing I-485. How long can I legally stay in the US without a job?

You can

stay legally as long as you get a decision on your case. But you need a job if you get a rfe. If there is a rfe you may be asked for recent paystubs. I advise you to find a similar job first.

Even if you get an RFE you would have a whole three months to send your response. Start your job search full steam now. I am sure you will get a job in less than three months. All people on this board are high quality employees, otherwise we would not have gotten this far in our quest for the green card. Think positive - you will find a new job soon!

thanks guys

Thanks for the comforting thoughts!

Anyone knows any company looking for Java/JSP/ASP/Oracle experts?

I already have an EAC valid till Aug 03 and willing to relocate anywhere in the US!

You may already know this but

Apart from Monster check out DICE.COM, COMPUTERJOBS.COM and CARRIERBUILDER.COM

Good Luck

ResumeRabbit.com

Try ResumeRabbit.com.

By creating a profile there, your profile is replicated to 75 major job-search sites. It will get you great visibility, plus you can start applying on all of them right away after only one registration.

Re: Come to Texas, Verizon is hiring

Originally posted by 1LongWait
Come to Texas, Verizon is hiring

Oh really, I thought they just lay off some people and now they are hiring? Is this in Dallas area? If it is, I might give it a shot.:D :D Update me with some detail informations.

Originally posted by helge
Even if you get an RFE you would have a whole three months to send your response. Start your job search full steam now. I am sure you will get a job in less than three months. All people on this board are high quality employees, otherwise we would not have gotten this far in our quest for the green card. Think positive - you will find a new job soon!

Can EB-1b (Outstanding) filers change job after I-485 submitted? The reason I am asking here is that EB-1b (Outstanding) requires permanent job position while filing for I-140. I don't know if job can be changed after I-140 approved and I-485 submitted.

Nice

It's nice to see so many helpful replies. That's the sprit guys....keep it up. Good luck Freaked.