laid off after 180 days... if INS asks for

gheewalabhai888

Registered Users (C)
employment letter then does one need to be employed during the
rfe reply or it is for the future employment?
lets say you respond the rfe in oct 15 and show them a letter
from the new employer stating that you will be staring to work from Nov 15, is this ok or do they question for present unemployed stage and ask for pay stubs for now. Can there be
gaps for EAD holders? Thanks.

I do not think they will insist you for current pay stubs because you can always change employers after 180 days and when you are on EAD, I think, it may be OK to have breaks in employment. I think it is better you take a legal advise in this scenariol.

bhai,
did you check with your attorney? what they have to say? it is an interesting question, wonder what the GURUS have to say on this forum...i notice they are silent on this probably because it is an uncommon scenario for most
dev

I checked with the attorney(actually attorneys)

here is what I got back but always good to get many opinions from different attorneys and make own conclusion:
" it may be ok but good to have during rfe is produced, no ins regulation yet, it might be ok"
So what you guys think??

Bhai, According to what I have heard, one must have continuous employment(though different employers) till getting the permanant residency. That means you should find job before replying to RFE.:eek: