Laid Off < 90 days....Approved!!!

haripat

Registered Users (C)
3 Mergers...chp 7 bankruptcy...Lay off < 90 days....Approved!!!

PD: 4/05/2000
RD: 7/20/2001
ND: 8/28/2001
FP: 7/03/2002
AD: 9/04/2002

RFE: None

3 Mergers in 3 years...I-140 for bankrupt company...Laid off after 90 days of I-485 filing....found job after lay off....transferred H1 to another company...I-485 Approved for self and wife without RFE! So hang on laid off guys.....every dog has its own day...and sure yours will come too!...lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
GC Stamping....in Columbus!!!!

its been a heck of a ride and finally we received the approval notices in mail on Sept 9th, 2002!...we both decided to try out columbus INS office since we had our EAD renewals done there since normally ppl from columbus OH go to cincinnati!!! We didnt know whether they do GC passport stamping there or not. We went there around 9.00 AM. thought if they dont do it there..then we would drive streight to cincinnati which is 2 hours away from columbus. But, we were surprised when we reached Columbus INS.....there wasnt any line....no numbers to take and sit and wait....i guess no body knows that they do stamping in Columbus purhaps thats why there wasnt anybody else in INS office for GC Stamping besides us!!!. We hardly waited for 5 minutes and Immigration officer took our passports, EADs, I-94s and advanced paroles. Then he performed the IBIS check and verified immigration history and verified against FBI database and criminal history in front of us!!!....Kinda like doing a personal service and VIP treatment.....!!!! After that he asked us to sign the form for the Card that we were going to receive in mail and took our signatures on the form. Process was over and he stamped the passports and congratulated us!!!! Well...after that...when we finally looked at the stamp ..and said to self....what the heck! We waited for more than 3 years to get silly looking stamp!....and wondered!!!!

Well the point is that ...no need to leave at 6.00 am and drive down to cincinnati just to get the GC stamp in passport!!!!. Columbus INS office does Stamping and EADs right in columbus!!!!

I had my h1 transfer done to new company for a similar job in November - December 01 time frame. So I assme they knew about the job change. Since for H1 Transfer you have to provide LIN numbers both for self and wife if you have I-485 application pending. I wanted to be safe side incase INS denies AOS and thats why i did work on H1 but not on EAD. Seems like everything went fine. They didnt even issue RFE for the employment either!!!!!