Lack of Receipt Notices / Check Not Cashed

mwalam

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My 485 and supporting application were sent to USCIS in mid June. So far my checks have not been cashed and I have not received receipt notices yet.

Am I the only one in this situation??? I don't see anyone else complaining about this.. :)

Please wait ... I know of another person who filed in Mid June and yet to receive the Receipt Notice - even his check was not cashed.

Receipt not yet received - Filed on June 12th

Hi All

I have sent my application on June 12th. I have not yet received my receipt number. Anybody elase in same situation? Would appreciate your response. Do not know if the checks are cashed or not - lawyer sent the checks and lawyer is too busy to reply!!!

I have delivery confirmation for July 30. But my check hasnt yet been cashed. I sent in the old fees - as they were going to accept it as long as the envelope was postmarked pre 30th July.

Where did you send your app - I sent mine to Nebraska Service Center

ok - just found this document - http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes080307.pdf - it has the latest "receipting" dates of those that have begun being processed. Looks like there is a delay due to the increased load of documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they are a month behind.. took them a little over a month to cash my checks..

However, Istill have not received the receipt notices and it's over 2 weeks that they cashed the checks.. :-(

Hi All

I'm in the same situation.
I send my I-485 06/27/07 and they received next day, but I havn't received the receipt yet, and my check not cashed either. What we can do? just wait?

Thank you, guys.

I still have not received the receipt notices. Checks have been cashed and I even got the fingerprint appt, however don't have the receipt notices...

You can call the Customer service number, mention you have not had your checks cashed yet and they will connect you to an IO who can check with your A# and see if there is any updates. However, if your checks are not cashed yet, then more than likely there will not be any updates.

Still have not received receipt notices.. anyone else missing receit notices?? Any way of getting duplicate/replacement receipts?

Dont worry guys you will receive notices, I have received today

I received receipt notices for I-485/I-765/I-131 for Me and wife today!!. I applied for these on July 18, 2007.

See my signature for details.

Good Luck to July filers!!!

this is a mess

People that filed end of July have already received notices and checks have been cashed. I filed my application on July 2nd 10:25 AM, and zilch. I thought evertything they did at the USCIS/NSC was chronological. How come I have not received my receipts yet?

If I look at http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i485-tracker1/ I see that even people filing in August have received receipts.

How about these guys...
shiankuraaf India LF:03/03/2005 Texas EB2 FD: 08/14/2007 RD: 08/16/2007
xzp59 China LF:03/18/2004 Nebraska EB3 FD: 08/03/2007 RD: 08/06/2007

suzi

:mad:
I called uscis, they told me i have to wait 90 days then call back to check.
I mailed my I-485 at 06/27/07 and they received at 06/28/07. So I have to wait until end of September.....
I filed I-485 based on pending I-140 at TSC (now I-140 approved) and I-485 send to NSC, maybe this caused the delay?

seems like a lot of people have not received receipt notices. i guess some id**t did not end up mailing the actual notices. a receipt notice gets sent out to you and to your lawyer (if you have one). So it's highly unlikely that both pieces of mail were lost-in-the-mail. In my particular case, neither I nor my lawyer received receipt notices for the 485, 131, 765.. so that's 6 notices all mysteriously lost.. odds are more likely that USCIS never sent out the notices in the first place.

mwalam,
I understand that you have not received the receipt notice yet.
If you are interested in receipt# you can find out that from back of your cashed check. if you have online account with your bank, as per rules they need to attach cashed check images for that transaction. In one of the images you may find the receipt number. Use that receipt number to check status online at USCIS.