Lack of Evidence? Living with Parents, interview in March...

herdestiny

Hello,

My husband and I were married on August 25, 2008 after being together for 8 months and I moved in with him and his parents on September 1, 2008. We were both 18 at the time and could not afford a place of our own. All our paperwork for his GC has been accepted and our interview is on March 6th. I've been desperately trying to get together any evidence showing that we are in a bona fide marriage but everything that most people bring we don't have all with good reason. However I'm positive that the USCIS officer isn't going to buy any of it and deny our case. If anyone could please ease my mind about this, does the USCIS take into account a persons residential state and financial problems?

I'll list what we don't have together and why:

1. Credit Cards -- Before and while dating my husband I racked up a huge debt to three credit card companies all of which I am going through collection agencies right now to pay off, but we aren't able to get a credit card because of my credit and outstanding debt.

2. Lease -- Since we live with his parents, and only pay a minimal rent there is no lease.

3. Utilities -- Again, living with his parents, all the utilities are in his parents names.

4. Joint Bank Account -- I can not open a bank account with him because of my credit and previous bad bank accounts, I can't even add him to my current bank because I currently owe them money (yes, I'm absolutely terrible with my finances, I am aware)

5. Car Insurance or Car -- Neither of us have a car because we can't afford it and he doesn't have a license.

The only things we have are love letters, one photo from our wedding because our photographer didn't know how to use a camera (I am still pissed about this, at least we plan on having a "white wedding" in June), and various photos from throughout our relationship also I have letters with our address on it, but none with both our names on it.

I am so worried about this right now. Please any advice will help! :(

all I can say is start clicking pictures and open a bank acccount ( some banks help out people with bad credit some dont even require you to give a ssn)

In your specific case, an affidavit from your in-laws or your parents stating that you are a married couple and that they are helping you out, would probably be helpful. Do you belong to a religious organization where someone could write a letter verifying that they know you as a married couple? Take anything you can to the interview. You have at least met the minimum documentation requirements as USCIS hasn't sent you a Request for Evidence. That being said, they can ask for more documents at the interview.

Once you finish this AOS process, it would be very worthwhile to get your finances in order and make sure you have enough joint evidence when you have to remove conditions in 2 years.

you can ask your friends and/or his friends to write few letters that they know you as a couple and that you gays are living together.if you have any cards(b-day,x-mas,etc.)from friends and family to both of you,you can bring then.take some pics. it is not necessary the pics to be from the wedding any pics. with both of you will do.if you have a cell phone(family plan) get a copy of the bill.good luck and be calm at the interview and just explain to the IO your situation if he start asking you questions(remember they are people just like us :) )

Did your husband have a job when he sponsored you? or someone else co-sponsor you on the affidavit of support?

You'll need to go open a bank account..like previous posts saids..many banks don't check on your credit. My credit was like hell when I open my bank account..they don't say anything. So I believe the interview officer will probably going to see the same issue here. Bad credit is not an excuse.

Things weren't this way when I came to the US so I didn't learn then. Ok, my question is, can someone open a bank account with a passport i.e. w/out a DL/non-DL? Sounds like a dumb question, but I am serious.

I have someone who has papers in place to come here and wants to come for only 2 wks, get a SSN, open a bank account and go back home for a while (to his job) and come back to stay after I think 6mths:rolleyes: I know i could call banks and ask, so pls don't advise me so, I don't like calling. Just off the head answers would be appreciated. I have to chauffeur this person to many places, I have a plateful, i don't want to go to the DL place if I don't have to.

I know you don't want to hear it, but the bottom line is that you have to call or visit each bank in person or read their web site to find out what they want, because every bank has their own different requirements. Most will ask for an SSN and 2 forms of ID (doesn't have to be a driver's license), and the SSN probably won't arrive within 2 weeks.