Sucharitha Panthika 05/21/2004 Regular
Sudhakara Rao Kamma 08/17/2004
Sudheer Gundlapally 02/08/2004
susan jan
Syed Khaleduzzaman
vaibhav agarwal
Yuan Yuan 04/2004 RIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more details to our petition.....just my thought.

Can we add some more details to our petition??? This is just my thought to add some reality to our petition....let others also review this...and finalize if it can do anything good for us.

In addition, With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.
-----Start New------
As the labor certification is employer dependent, we just want to bring it to your notice that some or most of the employers are completely taking these 'unexpected delays in the labor certification process' for their advantage. Indirectly they are influencing the employee/beneficiary not to look for better/rewarding opportunities and to stay with them until he/she gets his GC, which is uncertain in the current scenario.
------End New------

My 2 cents
Thank you

Have we decided on a date when we are sending the petition out? Guys, let us just send it out.

The letter as it is conveys the message. We can keep on refining it but the benefit that we will get out of that may not be much because of the time spent.

Just my 2 cents.

AG

What happened?

Hi Guys -
What happened...now a days nobody is active in this forum?

Mohan -
Did we make any progress on our petition or still working on it?

Thank you

new member - please ignore if you don't like it

Hi I am new member to this forum. I truly appreciate your hard work on Chicago Labor Petition. I would to share couple of thing with the senior members. I think (at least my self) some people may not like to give their actual names to display in the public forum. This is due to various reasons/confidentiality. Example: one of them might be their Employers and co-workers. Some people may not agree with me, but this is just my thought. If one of the senior members maintains a list in the background, I think we can gather more names. Once you agree with this idea (please do not misunderstand me), can some one (may be Mohan) please let me know that, is that possible to maintain the time lines and names in the back ground, rather than displaying in the forum.

I also would like to share my thoughts for this petition. Please read the following. If you don't like this letter, please ignore. If you like any thing interesting from this letter, please add it the original petition.

As per my knowledge with DOL, I don't want to talk about poor economy and lay-offs or uncertainty. When we mention these issues, they may think that due to bad economy, Lay-Offs, uncertainty American people are loosing jobs. We know that the economy issues are only temporary.

Below are my thoughts:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing this letter on behalf of my Permanent Residency Labor Certification application that filed by my employer for me to live and work in the United States.

My company has filed my Green Card application in 2002, and I am the beneficiary for this application. My labor certification application is currently with US DOL, Chicago for their approval.

We love this country and my family has been very happy since the day we landed on United States’ soil. We would love to live and serve the United States.

I am dedicated to working for my current employer and I am so thankful to them for all the support that I have received so far and we are hoping that we will get our Permanent Residency Permit approval from US Government. Since this is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity for me and my family to live and work in the United States, please understand our unique situation and help us to obtain my Permanent Residence Permit.

As per my unique skill set, I strongly believe that I have very good experience in multiple areas to support in my current job. My skill set is a combination of multiple skills as mentioned in my job description.

In my department at my current employer we are continuously hiring new people to keep up with the demand of supporting our customers.

About my family: We have a beautiful daughter, who is studying her first grade and we have a newly born baby. My wife is very happy to be in the United States.

We are praying the God everyday to get my labor certification approval from the United States Department of Labor to give us opportunity to live in the United States.

I would urge you to please realize our heart feelings and help us in obtaining our labor certification approval from your office. Please help us to make our family's dream of living in the United States and becoming citizens come true

We are hoping that DOL will understand our unique situation and please consider this employee request.

We truly appreciate your help. Please give your blesses to our families

Thanks

petion for chicago dol

hi gateway_g3,
petition was there for discussion almost more than 2 months, I wish u had your suggestion in that time frame. Now it's online and u can contribute by signing it. Also you sign the petition by your actual name not the alias. Hope at least one of your concern is addressed.
gateway_g3 said:
Hi I am new member to this forum. I truly appreciate your hard work on Chicago Labor Petition. I would to share couple of thing with the senior members. I think (at least my self) some people may not like to give their actual names to display in the public forum. This is due to various reasons/confidentiality. Example: one of them might be their Employers and co-workers. Some people may not agree with me, but this is just my thought. If one of the senior members maintains a list in the background, I think we can gather more names. Once you agree with this idea (please do not misunderstand me), can some one (may be Mohan) please let me know that, is that possible to maintain the time lines and names in the back ground, rather than displaying in the forum.

I also would like to share my thoughts for this petition. Please read the following. If you don't like this letter, please ignore. If you like any thing interesting from this letter, please add it the original petition.

As per my knowledge with DOL, I don't want to talk about poor economy and lay-offs or uncertainty. When we mention these issues, they may think that due to bad economy, Lay-Offs, uncertainty American people are loosing jobs. We know that the economy issues are only temporary.

Below are my thoughts:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing this letter on behalf of my Permanent Residency Labor Certification application that filed by my employer for me to live and work in the United States.

My company has filed my Green Card application in 2002, and I am the beneficiary for this application. My labor certification application is currently with US DOL, Chicago for their approval.

We love this country and my family has been very happy since the day we landed on United States’ soil. We would love to live and serve the United States.

I am dedicated to working for my current employer and I am so thankful to them for all the support that I have received so far and we are hoping that we will get our Permanent Residency Permit approval from US Government. Since this is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity for me and my family to live and work in the United States, please understand our unique situation and help us to obtain my Permanent Residence Permit.

As per my unique skill set, I strongly believe that I have very good experience in multiple areas to support in my current job. My skill set is a combination of multiple skills as mentioned in my job description.

In my department at my current employer we are continuously hiring new people to keep up with the demand of supporting our customers.

About my family: We have a beautiful daughter, who is studying her first grade and we have a newly born baby. My wife is very happy to be in the United States.

We are praying the God everyday to get my labor certification approval from the United States Department of Labor to give us opportunity to live in the United States.

I would urge you to please realize our heart feelings and help us in obtaining our labor certification approval from your office. Please help us to make our family's dream of living in the United States and becoming citizens come true

We are hoping that DOL will understand our unique situation and please consider this employee request.

We truly appreciate your help. Please give your blesses to our families

Thanks

Hope everyone got a chance to forward the chicago petiition URL to your friends. Please take time to sign the petition and forward this to your friends as many as possible.

HEre is the URL again.

http://devforums.immigrationportal.com/anthesys/Production/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=17

god_is_hope said:
hi gateway_g3,
petition was there for discussion almost more than 2 months, I wish u had your suggestion in that time frame. Now it's online and u can contribute by signing it. Also you sign the petition by your actual name not the alias. Hope at least one of your concern is addressed.

New

Hi all,

Happy new year to us all! I am pretty new to this forum. Just signed the petition. My PD is Jan 12th, 04. My case transferred to Chicago DOL in Aug, 04.

Thanks for the efforts,
sriraj9

lets make this a national petition now

i think the petition should be spread across all regions now - based on the latest update,it looks like our cases are going to sit idle for at least one more year now -
"DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005"

This going to affect not only Chicago cases but ALL - and based on this,i am sure the rest of the people whose cases are from the other DOL's will be willing to sign a petition..
i mean how crazy and nutty can these morons be - not approve cases for half a year and then pack all chicago cases into boxes for the other half of the year..and now bcos of the FIFO rule for backlog centers,we are looking at another year's wait.

Yes Puhrince... i agree with you. This is how the things are working here.
BTW, there is an update on the petition,

Petition Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In liew of the backlog elimination centers being established, this petition is being taken off. The BECs are intended to eliminiate backlogs within 2 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no guaranty that you wont hear different stories on BEC procedures soon.

Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst (...i dont see anything more)

Thank you