Labour Petitioning - Chicago DOL

Suggestion please

I am not sure how we can do this...maybe we can maintain a text file and attach it to the thread with all the names of people who would like to join this petition....and new people can simply add their names to the petition.

Let us start working on the draft please.....I think people in Philly must have done this already...they might have a rough draft somewhere..I searched Atlanta DOL I did not find any....

Hey Rest, Looks like we are on our own with the draft...is there a way you could contact a user from Philly -- and get a draft from them ? I will work on it if you can get me that one..

Guys, since this petition is going to be for people whose cases are pending at chicago DOL, lets just add only those who have recieved a case number with DOL chicago please. Please remember, if we start submitting all cases (for SESA, then it becomes a national problem and not with a particular state...although i know DOL is combined for 10 states , (CHicago)..)

In case you guys want to petition for SESA please create a new petition.

Lets start adding our names into the tracker...lets start with the following information :

Name Case Number DOL Recieved Date Case Type
(RIR/Regular)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I have sent an email to Mr Rajiv Khanna, requesting him to help us draft the petition and i have also asked him for suggestions. I also found a petition that was submitted to the labour department and we can use that as a template.

Guys, we need strong participation on this one to make it a success..i will share Rajiv's reply with you.

Thanks,
Mohan

Thanks for the efforts Mohan.

I think people are hesitant to put their case info. here.
Why don't we create an email id where everyone can send their info. in.

Yeah, That was my earlier suggestion...

here are the details :

email id : chicago_dol_petition@yahoo.com
Password : I will be sending that privately..not on the forum..send me a private message and i shall reply with the password.

Thanks,
Mohan

mohan_raghukul said:
Yeah, That was my earlier suggestion...

here are the details :

email id : chicago_dol_petition@yahoo.com
Password : I will be sending that privately..not on the forum..send me a private message and i shall reply with the password.

Thanks,
Mohan
Hi Mohan,
I donot have any info about my case, coz Im still in State level and expecting to move to DOL next month. I filed my state on feb 10th. Once I get my case info, I would share that case info with all of us.

Thanks

sorry for being late..count me in too..mohan,there were quite a number of people who signed up earlier in the chicago dol thread..have all the people from there responded to you in any way?
regarding a draft,there is a I-140 petition on immigration.com - probably we can design something on similar lines but with different wording, since we are not asking for the process to be changed...but what will be our main goal in the petition?

http://devforums.immigrationportal....on/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=12

Following are the people who currently support the petition :

Chandra
Debabrata Behera
jagadish_yv
javaguy1974
kothari_rupesh
Mohan Raghukul
rest_2004_free
shamik basu
Shilvant Raol
SudhakaraRao Kamma
V.R.Daggupati
visa_raider

Puhrince, I have not recieved any other confirmation from the earlier chicago tracker..so i had gone back in there and left another note directing people to this thread....i hope we make atleast a 100 cases, I emailed rajiv khanna as well...he has'nt replied..will send another note to him.

Regarding what we need to draft, there is a draft already on the immigration portal site itself...sent to some DOL (not sure which one)...but Rajiv's office has sent it..and there is also an online form that people can fill out in support of that...if we can do something like that it will be great....

Guys, I urge everyone to follow-up with an email to Rajiv Khanna and point him to this forum..without his legal advice we would get nowhere...I have been doing all i can..i could use more help....and we need atleast a 100 members..and as i said earlier...I cannot hang on to this for a long time..maybe next week mid - max....so, lets try and get people to notice us...and direct them here....for Chicago DOL..

Let me know if there are suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,
Mohan

>>>> The mail i sent to Rajiv >>>>>>

Hi Rajiv,

I had sent an email earlier on regarding a petition requesting faster processing at the chicago DOL .. we are in the process of informing people thus affected and would appreciate your guidance on this.

Basically, since the past 4 months..they have not gone beyond december 2003 ...which seems strange because till now they were pretty consistent with process... I found a draft that you may have sent to a DOL (not sure which one) at your site..please let me know what we (all the signees) need to do as far as getting this petition out in front of the concerned people goes...

We are ready to bear any out of pocket expenses/fees you may deem fit for the services thus rendered.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you soon, if you wish, you could also look up the thread (pretty small as of now..bt am positive it is gonna grow) its called
Labour Petitioning - Chicago DOL

Regards,
Mohan

<<< guys let me know if anyone is not willing on issues mentioned above...>>

mohan,i am not sure if this happens to you too - but sometimes i don't get emails notifying that someone has responded in the thread i am subscribed to..i have to check on my own - maybe most of the people there are facing the same problem..or, i think they have just not seen your posts..what you can do is post your current draft there again and ask them to join this thread..

at the same time,regarding the draft, chicago hasn't been stuck only for 4 months,its been longer than that..it used to take 2 months around Feb-March of this year...and then things slowed down terribly to its current times of 9 months - you may want to mention that too..we want to know whats going on there