labor substitution

cxz2509new

Registered Users (C)
Is it ok to use other's approved LC while there is some differnce in the major of field?

in the LC: the requirement is MS and major is conputer science
the applicant's degree is MS and major is information technology

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Just use it and apply an alternative LC

In my opinion you can take advantage of that. Just go ahead to file 140. If you want more portection for you, apply for LC exactly matching your needs. Of course this will cost more. Ask your lawyer before final action.

thank you for your advice

Thank you for your suggestion, mylvka.

I consulted a lawyer, she said the chances are the I-140 will be approved since information technology is a special field inside the computer science. So, I will give it a try.

yeh go ahead and get it done and make sure ur lawyer files everything required and correctly. there are ppl on this fourm who are wating for long time but i got my approved in 5 months. SO make sure evrything is filed correctly.

Why not just have an educational evaluation done by an expert stating that your education is equivalent of the required degree?

INS will probably send an RFE for it anyway.

Jim, thank you for kindly provided your advice here.

Is anyone here can give me some suggestions on how to find an educational evaluation service? I havn't done this before, so any information abou this will be appreciated.:) :) :)

Hi, Jim: Thank you again for the information you provided. I appreciate your help!

Yes, I have a local attorney(TX) who is handling my immigration case now. She said that the case is doable, but she didn't ask for an education evaluation. Rather, she just sent a copy of my degree certificate and asked my employer to state in the petition letter that I am qualified for the job described in the LC. She did say that there might be an RFE, but didn't say how she would handle this. That make me a little uneasy ... what if there is an RFE, what should I do ... I will post here if there is any news about this case.

Thank you all for your kind replies.

cxz2509new

What your approved LS say's

A) MS major computer science
B) MS major computer science or Equivalent

If answer is B then there is no problem...........If A, u might get RFE

my employer has an approved labor cert that he is substituting for me. I EXACTLY MEET the job description, 4 yr bachelors degree requirement and the 5 yrs experience. its EB2.

however on the labor cert, major field of study it says "computer science" and i have a EE bachelors. On reading my edu eval, it shows that the way i took courses in school, i have a major in EE and a minor in comp science.

will my i140 be denied?

Jim, if you would comment, id really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone...and hope all get approved quickly...

vik.

I-140 approval

Hello I-140 Gurus,

Please let me know, if any of you, have successfully done the following kind of case.

Case: We want to file for I-140 in California Service Center using substitute labour certificate which is approved in Texas by Texas Service Center. Job location mentioned on labour certificate is Texas.

Reason: California Service Center is much faster than Texas Service Center. Also, applicant is on H1 visa residing in bayarea, California and working for a client who is also in bayarea, California. Applicant's employer's head-quarter is Houston, Texas; however employer has a branch office in Bayarea, California.

Thanks,
Neelakshi

rupalic@TurnAroundStrategies.com

labor substitution - need help

i meet all the criteria(job desc, 4yr degree, yrs of exp, eb2) except that the labor cert has specified

a major in computer science(750A), whereas i have 4 yr engg degree EE and NIIT(comp diploma). when

looking at the edu eval, the attestation says, based on the courses taken in BE(23 units of CS courses)

and NIIT, i have a major in EE and major in comp science. will I140 be denied?

thanks,