Labor Substition and Salary Requirement

Tony529

Registered Users (C)
Hi Fellows,

My employer is preparing for my I-140 using Labor Substitution.

I have been told by the company lawyer that I have met the experience/job requirement/education with the approved LC, but the stated salary is 15% higher than mine. The lawyer wanted waiting until my company raise the salary to match. This seems impossible under current economic atmosphere.

Here is the question, since the company has annual 10% -15% bonus for me if the revenue has met, certainly this is not guaranteed. I did have this bonus stated in my pay check. The income would be same as the stated salary. Does anyone has similar situation? How do I talk through with the lawyer?

Need your help.

Thanks.

Salary Issue

Reply: Salary mentioned in the Labor Cert will be your future salary, salary when you get your green card. It does not matter how much you are being paid at this point of time.

Disclaimer:

The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.