Labor Certification- RIR -queries from DOL

jjohn12

Registered Users (C)
My company had filed labor certification for green card in 2001 JULY for me. Now that company has got queries from labor department asking more explanation?

My company people was telling me that they can transfer my case to regular Permanent from RIR. But in order to do this ,they need to give job advertisement again. and will go throu the whole cycle (green card ) again .

I'm wondering is this really required ? becuase some of freinds did not do all this.

If any of you guys have any prior experience in this matter

Iam presuming that you are from California. CA DOL is now in a full spree towards remanding to State. Which means the RIR goes automatic to NON RIR. If your Receipt date is July and you got queries it is better to re advertize and get the labor cleared.
In the current situation getting a query is better than auto remanding to state.

If you opt for regular you need to wait a long long long ..... time.

P.S: In future Check out the California DOL thread which provides with lot of answers to questions like these.

Titan

Originally posted by jjohn12
My company had filed labor certification for green card in 2001 JULY for me. Now that company has got queries from labor department asking more explanation?

My company people was telling me that they can transfer my case to regular Permanent from RIR. But in order to do this ,they need to give job advertisement again. and will go throu the whole cycle (green card ) again .

I'm wondering is this really required ? becuase some of freinds did not do all this.

If any of you guys have any prior experience in this matter

Hi,
What have yo decided to do ? Please let me know.
I think all of us in CA are going to have to deal with this situation. My friends recd notices asking them to reapply through non- RIR. That takes almost 4 yrs just for LC in CA !!

-Pearl

is it possible?

I 'm here in my 7th year in H1 extension. I had my I-140 approved from my previous employer . Is it possible for me to go back to my previous employer and file I-485 ? .

Can i transfer my H1-b at this stage ?
i.e to a dfferent employer at seventh year extension ?

jjohn12,

You may file 485. Apply for EAD and make a change of employer after getting EAD. You will not need H1B extension really then.

Even otherwise you are qualified for H1B transfer.