Labor Approved from SFO in RIR, at last !

rambo_fire

Registered Users (C)
My labor application applied under RIR in Oct 01 moved to federal in Oct 02 which was initally remanded to state processing in Jul 03. Just minues ago, I was informed that my application was reviewed again by SFO (San Francisco) DOL & was approved !

I am finally relieved & excited....good luck to you all !!

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend

Can you please add some more details about your case ?
0. Which category did you apply ? EB1, EB2 , EB3 ? Do you have Master degree ?

1. When your lawyer send papers to state ?
2. How big your company is ?
3. which County ?
4. What was Query before approval ?
5. What action did you take to reply Query ?

Thanks for your reply.

Here are my responses

0. Eb 3. No, I do not have a masters degree.
1. Initially my papers were filed with California EDD in Oct 01. State forwarded it to Federal in Oct 02. Federal remanded my applictaion to state in July 03. Just about when my attorneys were working on filing "FOI" to look at reasons cited for rejection, they got news that Federal took a second look at my case & approved it.
2. My company has about 300 employees
3. I am from SF county.
4. As I mentioned earlier, my case was remanded to state without any queries. Looks like the federal labor dept revisted such cases.
5. Since I had no query, I did not have to reply.

Hope this helps !!

RF

Thanks

Congrats..

When Lawyer apply to state department do you get any thing ?
I mean any number so you can check status ?

My lawyer ask me that
my priority date is March 3, 2003.

What does it mean ?

Rambo Fire

Congrats. Even mine was remanded on July 14; RD: Oct 2/2002. Did they revert the decision automaticcally (Did they take up case automatically again) or did your lawyer do any thing.
Since Iam in the same boat can you please elaborate whether any thing special happenned in your case.

Thanks in advance.

Titan01, in my case they reverted their decision automatically. There was no action from my attorney.

Hiren, while I do not fully understand when you first applied, my assumption is that your lawyer appled with EDD in March 03. If it is RIR, your case may probably be sent for Federal processing around Feb 04 & then it may take a few more months to get lobor approved. And then 12 more months to get thru 140 & 485

RF

yes its applied in state (EDD)

Than it will go to Federal..

My Question is From state EDD how do you check that it moved to fedaral or not ?

Is there any Number issued by EDD to check status ?

Hiren, your attorney must receive a receipt of application letter along with a federal priority date when the EDD transfers the case to federal processing. There may be a case number, but I had not bothered to ask. In my case, my attorney sent to me, a copy of this receipt letter from Federal labor dept in, Oct 02. This meant, my Federal priority date was Oct 02. If you look at DOL processing times, SFO Region is processing RIR cases that were received in Oct 02, which is exactly my case.

RF

Congratulations on your approval !!!

My labor got remanded in last week of June (DOL RD: Sept., 02).
Current AVM status says remanded.

I have few questions if you could answer for the benefit of
all of us:
1) After your approval, is your status updated in the AVM ?
2) Did you lawyer already got the letter of approval ?
3) Anything your lawyer did (like talking to DOL officials etc.)
to get approval ?

Thanks for all the information.

Originally posted by rambo_fire
My labor application applied under RIR in Oct 01 moved to federal in Oct 02 which was initally remanded to state processing in Jul 03. Just minues ago, I was informed that my application was reviewed again by SFO (San Francisco) DOL & was approved !

I am finally relieved & excited....good luck to you all !!

RF

rambo_fire,
congrats on ur approval. actually iam from texas dol. i found your case very interesting, so wanted to ask you some question please help. yesterday i checked my cases status on dol AVM and found that my eb2 rir case which was NOF before & rebutal filed 5 months back got denied. The AVM dol message says my case rir denied, even though there were no layoff in my company & we didn't got any qualified candidate during the interview which we did after we received the nof also we place 4 ads again for that process. also other people in my company who were NOF got approved from the same center 2 weeks back . my lawyer has not yet recieved the details of my case from dol dallas, but my lawyer told me that they are going to challenge this case problem of mine with dol dallas.

my question to you is when you case got remanded to state what action ur lawyer was talking for your case and also want to know what does filing "FOI" means ? please let me know so that i can tell my lawyer to look into details before replying to dol.

waiting for ur reply.

thanks,
shishir

gc927,
1. I do not know what AVM is..never used it.
2. Yes, my attorney did get the approval from DOL, and they were very surprised themselves
3. They had not taken any action. The earlier letter they received from DOL in July 03, had clearly mentioned that we cannot appeal against DOL decision. At best we could only apply for FOI (Freedom of Information), which would have provided us the reasons for remanding our case to State processing. My attorneys were about to apply for FOI when the approval came in as a total surprise.

spb999, I think my response above answers your questions too !

RF

Can you please answer one simple question:

When you say your application was remanded was it AUTOREMANDED or you were given the three options letter and then it was remanded.

Thanks,

rambo_fire,

Can you check your status on AVM by calling 415-975-4617,
then chossing option #1 followed by another option #1
and then entering your case no. 095xxxxx.
This way all of us would know if the status does get
updated if someone is as lucky as you.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rambo_fire
surya369,
My case was initially AUTOREMANDED. I was not given an option.

RF

well the avm does not seem to working today.....what a surprise...
Originally posted by gc927
rambo_fire,

Can you check your status on AVM by calling 415-975-4617,
then chossing option #1 followed by another option #1
and then entering your case no. 095xxxxx.
This way all of us would know if the status does get
updated if someone is as lucky as you.

Thanks.

Congrats! This is like a miracle.

Welcome to I-485 Super Slow Train! Get ready
to spend few years!

It does work now. I just heard my case with the
same remanded status (no change).

Originally posted by jnathan
well the avm does not seem to working today.....what a surprise...

rambo_fire,

It would be really helpful to know your DOT code. Just wondering if it is a one-off case
that the DOL looked into not having the dreaded 151-031 or 151-032 DOT codes.

There are tons of 151-031 and 151-032 cases
that got remanded.

Thanks!