Labeling RFE response?

w8nc

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer has failed to resond to an RFE in a timely manner (it's been 60 days) so I guess I need to do it myself.
Does anyone know if there is a unique address for RFEs or if the outside of the envelope should be labeled with "RFE" or some other designation. I don't want this to get lost among the mass of mail that TSC receives every day. I am planning on addressing it as follows;

Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite
TX 75185-1488

You must file the response immediately. You should have done it by now.

1. Get the copy of the RFE.

2. Make photocopies of desired documents and get them attested from notory. Don't send the orginals and don't send non notorized copies.

3. Send the following documents :-

a. All dcouments as per point 2.
b. COPY OF THE RFE - YOU MUST SEND IT ALONG. NO EXCEPTION.
c. Cover letter to BCIS with attention to Officer No. In cover letter, make sure you indicate the list of doucments that you are attaching - perferable number the documents and put cross reference of these documents to what is asked in RFE.
d. Send it to address specified on RFE with attnetion marked on officer no. (On the envelope.)
e. Send by Fed-ex or a means where you can track. Must get the tracking number and track if BCIS has recevied the response.

I hope it helps. Do it fast man......

Originally posted by w8nc
My lawyer has failed to resond to an RFE in a timely manner (it's been 60 days) so I guess I need to do it myself.
Does anyone know if there is a unique address for RFEs or if the outside of the envelope should be labeled with "RFE" or some other designation. I don't want this to get lost among the mass of mail that TSC receives every day. I am planning on addressing it as follows;

Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite
TX 75185-1488

Nice response from TooLongAWait.

Just put A# on top of the envelope along with word RFE. It catches the attention faster. They track all applications by A#.

It is never too late. Do it and you will have approval withing 4 weeks.

All of the above responses indicate that I need to respond with the original RFE. The original RFE is in the hands of the lawyer, so I really have no option. I need the lawyer to respond.

w8nc
It is your choice buddy. All I know is that even if I send the photocopy of RFE I am sure the officer is not going to hang me nor he will deny my GC nor he will think that as absurd because he has a recording of the RFE and its intent. As long as he gets his substantiating documents which are original/notarized, I am not sure he will still look for that original RFE. He can easily match the content of the copy sent by you and the one he originally issued. If they are same then he is not going to question about its authenticity just becasue it is not original. It does not make sense to me but yes it may to others and I respect their opinion. You are free to act as per your own opinion and not get biased.

YOU DO NOT NEED THE ORIGINAL TO BE SENT BACK.

YOU NEED THE COPY OF RFE TO BE SENT BACK.

I DON'T KNOW WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED ORIGINAL.

HOPE BOLD LETTERS HELP MORE. I FEEL FOR YOU MAN.....

TAKE ACTION AND TAKE CONTROL

Originally posted by w8nc
All of the above responses indicate that I need to respond with the original RFE. The original RFE is in the hands of the lawyer, so I really have no option. I need the lawyer to respond.

Dude,

We are in the same boat! It's been over 65 days (the time mentioned on the RFE is 90 days) and my lawyer is yet to send a reply to the USCIS.. Every time I call they say that they are preparing the best possible response and it is taking time, Please bear with us.. I am so tense that I can't think straight.. all I can think every moment is when will the RFE get filed..

My question to other members of the forum is that Do I have to notify the lawyers that I am sending the RFE on my own and should I ask for my papers back or should I send a response immediately using the copy of the RFE which I have?

sincerely,

Every time I call they say that they are preparing the best possible response
My lawyer is doing the same. He promised a response this week. Some on this forum had suggested that I should respond to the RFE myself and I did consider that. However, after talking to the lawyer I am now convinced that his response will be much more thorough than what I would have done. The delay has been frustrating, but I believe this is better than submitting a hasty response that may be rejected.

w8nc you are right. But if I were you, I would have replied to RFE the next day I got it. In the worst case, it would get rejected and I will get another one to ask for more explanation.

Lawyer's response will definitely shoot out before 90 days, do not worry, they know the rules of the game and they know when and where to act and spend the time.

So in the above case, there will be a perfect answer given by lawyer and will be on its way before 90 days.

There are three outcomes to your response,

1. It gets rejected but your lawyers answer is anyway coming.
2. It asks for explanation but your lawyers answer is anyway coming.
3. You get approved but when your lawyers answer is sent it is trashed. Or you could call up lawyer and ask him to forget about it.

What is gain?
1. You gain time and approval. Or if they need further information, you can send the same to lawyer who would change his answer and avoid further delay.
2. Avoid the frustration, anxiety and anger that you are going through.

I always have a policy, do whatever part which is in your control first then leave rest to others then fate.

Hi All,
Why attorney is taking their own time to respond to RFE.
Are they Company's attorney. Or Hired By You. Is this becoz of that you will leave the company Once i485 is approved.

-sank

Yaar LongGC,

Your answer is very profound! Your Analytical skills are indeed impressive! here's wishing you all the best with your GC pursuit..

I read somewhere on this forum that the Green Card Journey teaches one the virtues of patience!

How true!!

Are they Company's attorney.
In my case, yes. However, I am not in bondage with my company. The delay is not an attempt to hold me hostage.
The lawyer took the status message "On month/day/year we mailed the document based upon approval, blah, blah, blah" too literally. He felt that the RFE was of a sensitive enough issue that it was safer to not reply if the approval was forthcoming without responding to the RFE. In other words, he thought the message indicated that I was approved.

" He felt that the RFE was of a sensitive enough issue that it was safer to not reply if the approval was forthcoming without responding to the RFE. "

If you receive an RFE you HAVE TO respond. Get a copy of the letter and respond accordingly.

I once talked to office 255 and he confirmed that they do have a rule to disgard a case (your entire application file) if RFE is not responded in 120 days.

RFE response received

My lawyer sent in the response and CIS acknowledeged receipt 4/23/04, so now I wait.

RE: Your Acknowledgment

Hi W8nc,

That was very fast!!.. they acknowledged in 2 days! How did you send the reply? My lawyers sent it via FEDEX on the 28th and the online tracking says that it was delivered in the 29th.. Hopefully they'll ack mine too

thanks,

28virgo

My lawyer sent the response Fedex. The message says received on the 23rd, but the message wasn't updated until the 28th.