LA Area - Stamping & Plastic Card Tracker

What kind of request did you make? My status has not been changed yet since I had my passport stamped on Nov. 1st

485486 said:
Today, I found following message for my case after I have my PP stamped for 2 weeks:

Current Status:

On November 10, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

I am waiting to know when my case will completed and card will be order.

Does anyone get similar message???

Not always the Status is correctly reflected. It should be a glitch with INS System. Just dont worry too much abt that. The status should change once they really start the card processing it overrides whatever the status currently is.

Just to give you a comfort feeling my spouse case went from approved to app received after we stamped. But it ultimately changed to card processing when they really did that.

To All,
We got our stampping at Santa Ana office on Aug 30. After inquiry, we received letter from NSC saying that plastic cards would be made in 12-18 months.
Those who received Plastic cards in within 2 months, can you come forward to support us..., I would like to write a letter to Mr. Christopher Cox, a congressman and a member of HomeLand Security committee.

Peaceofmind

What the hell are they talking. The USCIS Site says 2 months. If you have not tried the fax enquiry yet please try that it might help the situation. Good luck.

Titan01,
For quite some time I tried to search for NSC Fax Number and specific forms to fill in for inquiry wit NSC service center..., I could not find the proper link within USCIS website..., can you please point me to the correct link.
Thanks

did PP stamping in 11/1 in LA

today, my case status is changed to:

Current Status:

Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

Cards mailed before passport stamping

Our I-485 applications were approved recently and the online status (on USCIS website) now says that "new cards have been mailed directly to the applicants." Is it possible to get the cards even though we are yet to go for our passport stamping?

Anyone, any idea?

Thanks,
Suchax.

WAC-02-109-5XXXX: Passport stamped at Santa Ana on 2004-NOV-16

got my passport stamped on 2004-NOV-16 at the Santa Ana sub-office. my approval notice said to go to LA but i made InfoPass appointment for Santa Ana instead bcos it was closer. i also used my courtesy I-485 approval notice. had no problems with that either.

08:45 - arrived at 34 Civic Center Plaza and followed signs to public parking (on Flower St, i believe). it was $1 for every 30 minutes. it took me 2 hrs to do stamping (so $4 for parking, which is not bad).

08:50 - went thru security. the guards check your InfoPass appointment and only let you in 15 mins before your time. reminder: no camera phones allowed inside. u can't use regular cellphones inside either, so it's probably a good idea to leave it behind in your car.

09:00 - at exactly 9am, the person at the front window started issuing tickets. they check your InfoPass appointment and I-485 approval notice. once you have your ticket, you proceed to another room and wait for your number to be called.

10:05 - called to the window. the lady at the window was extremely nice. she took my passport and approval notice. she also asked for all my APs and kept them. interestingly, she asked me for a state-issued id and checked the name on the I-485 approval notice against the drivers license (sorry, don't know if they wud be okay with an out-of-state ID or something else). then she took my signature and fingerprint and asked me to sit down and wait.

10:15 - called back to the window. she pointed to the stamp on the passport and told me that i can travel and work based on the stamp. did not get the usual "Welcome to the US" line ;)

all in all, a fairly smooth process. the LUD or message has not changed yet - but will keep everyone posted.

sarmad :)

today, my case status is changed again :)

Current Status:

On November 16, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Plastic Card

We stamped our passport at LA Center

Our LUD changed 10/15, 10/18, 11/15, 11/22 No change in message. Anybody in same boat.

card mailed on 11/18
received card 11/22.

long journey is over, thanks god.

good luck to you all. :rolleyes: :) :D

485486 said:
card mailed on 11/18
received card 11/22.

long journey is over, thanks god.

good luck to you all. :rolleyes: :) :D

I guess La is getting more efficient in sending the cards. congratulations!

Sorry for late reply. We went for pp stamping at Santa Ana office on 11/12/2004 morning at 9:00 AM. Whole process took just 40 mins. They have not asked for DL. The lady officer told me that it may take up to 6 months to receive plastic cards. So far our LUD's have not changed yet.

Thanks,

WAC-02-109-5xxxx: Card ordered on 2004-NOV-24

had gotten my passport stamped on 2004-NOV-16 (see detailed post, earlier in this thread, about my stamping experience at Santa Ana). today (9 days after stamping), the status changed to:

On November 24, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

will post once i receive the card or if the status changes again.

WAC-02-109-5XXXX: Card received on 2004-DEC-02 after stamping in Santa Ana

status changed on 2004-DEC-01 to:

On November 30, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.

i received the card on 2004-DEC-03 (had been mailed on 2004-NOV-30). the card expires on 2014-NOV-24. so the entire process took about 15 days from stamping.

glad to have this entire process over! good luck to everyone who is still waiting...

We did our PP stamping at Santa Ana, CA on 11/12/04. After that LUD changed twice on 11/24 and 11/29 without any message change. Since then no updates at all. Could somebody through some light from where these cards processed and mailed? from Stamping location? or from service center?

Thanks in advance.

dori, i wouldn't worry too much about it. as my signature indicates, i got my PP stamped on 2004-NOV-16 and already received my plastic card. so the Santa Ana sub-office works reasonably fast these days.

once you have done the processing, there's really not much you can do other than waiting. you should have your cards in a couple of weeks. my card was mailed from Corbin, Kentucky though the return address is a post office box in Laguna Niguel, CA.

you have the stamp now! i recently went abroad for vacation and came back with just the stamp. so enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the card

Approved date 10/02 by VSC
PP Stamping 10/08 at LA
LUD Chabged 10/15/, 10/18,11/30
Card Orderd 11/30
Card Mailed 12/02
Card Received 12/07

dori said:
We did our PP stamping at Santa Ana, CA on 11/12/04. After that LUD changed twice on 11/24 and 11/29 without any message change. Since then no updates at all. Could somebody through some light from where these cards processed and mailed? from Stamping location? or from service center?

Thanks in advance.
LUDs keep changing. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got my card within 5-6 weeks after I stampped in santa ana. So enjoy !