L2 visa and GC

reve

Registered Users (C)
I am on L1 visa and my GC is under porcessing and is in Consular processing stage where I am expecting an interview within 2 months or so. I was married before I started my GC process, howvere my husband was in a different country and did not file his papers for GC. Now, he is ready to move to USA and I am planning to sponsor him on L2, so that he can get an EAD based on L2 and work.

My questions are -
1) When I get Green card, I assume my L1 visa will no longer be valid. Then what happens to his L2 and EAD status, does it remain valid and for how long ?

2) when can I put his application for Green card ? Can I do it before I receive my GC or only after I receive my GC and how long would it take for him to get GC. My lawyer told me that as I was married before filing my GC, it will not be as long as it takes for a person getting married after getting GC.

thanks.

Your spouse can be in an L-2 status only until you maintain your L-1 Status. Regarding the GR paperwork for your spouse, I would recommend to check other threads. But, I think you can file only after you obtain your GR.