L1B to L1A Conversion

harikishank

Dear All,

I work for a multi-national company on L1B Visa. Is it possible to change my VISA from L1B to L1A because of my role change in my job ?

If it is possible, usually how long does it take for the process ?

Any help in this regard is really appreciated.

Thank you,

Regards,
Hari

harikishank said:
Dear All,

I work for a multi-national company on L1B Visa. Is it possible to change my VISA from L1B to L1A because of my role change in my job ?

If it is possible, usually how long does it take for the process ?

Yes it is possible. However you must meet all the requirements. The process is a few months.

Is it possible to do this conversion (L1B to L1A) and then apply for a fast-track Green card (EB1 category) and skip LC ?

Well as long as you held a managerial position (for 1 year I believe) in the same company outside the US, you can qualify for an L-1A. If you have been recently promoted to a managerial position while (working on an L-1B) in the US, I am not too sure if you will qualify for an L-1A. I believe (and I may be wrong) L-1As do not need LC for GC processing.

Hi,

If you are qualified for EB1 case you don't need to change your visa type. Lots of people have filed their GC in EB1C with H1b visa so if you are qualified for EB1 then you don't need to change your visa.

Thanks,

If you are on L1A then you qualify for Eb1C. You can still EB1C with H1B but it is safer to get it done with L1A.
OH?