L1B to GC - Required to wait 2 yrs?

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
A coworker of mine has just been transferred to the US office. His boss told him that since he is in L1B status he cannot apply for a GC for at least 2 years.

Is this a fact of L1B status, or is this something the boss made up to keep him here longer?
If this is true then which stage specifficaly cannot be applied for within 2 yrs? PERM or I-140 or I-485 / CP

There is no such rule that I know of. I was also on L1B and applied for GC within a year.
Is this Blanket L1 or Regular L1 ?

curiousGeorge said:
A coworker of mine has just been transferred to the US office. His boss told him that since he is in L1B status he cannot apply for a GC for at least 2 years.

Is this a fact of L1B status, or is this something the boss made up to keep him here longer?
If this is true then which stage specifficaly cannot be applied for within 2 yrs? PERM or I-140 or I-485 / CP

Google tells you detail of regular and blanket.
In short , blanket is obtained as chunk of L1s by company and company distributes those to thier employee. Regular is obtained per each petition for each employee.
For GC, there is no difference between regular and blanket.

If employer is interested in sponsoring for greencard to L employee, it can be started from first day of service.

L1 to GC

Nishant11 said:
If employer is interested in sponsoring for greencard to L employee, it can be started from first day of service.
_________

Hi,
If an employer is not interested to sponsor greencard, can an employee apply for a GC himself/herself, without the employer's knowledge?