L1a, RFE and time

pbranislav

Registered Users (C)
-L1a given first time Apr 2005 for 1 yr (to Apr 2006)
-Extension submitted on time, before expiration (I-129)
-RFE received in JUNe 2006
-Questions totally unrelated to our business (we are international medical scientific research group and they asked for warehouse etc etc) and also presented as if it is first L1a request and not extension (obviouslly cut/paste from some other application)
-responded to RFE on time
-received a reply that the response will be shorter than original extension request (non specified what "shorter" means)
-30 days passed

Anyone has similar situation and /or timeline? Does anyone know how long the wait may take?

Thank you so much.

pbranislav said:
-L1a given first time Apr 2005 for 1 yr (to Apr 2006)
-Extension submitted on time, before expiration (I-129)
-RFE received in JUNe 2006
-Questions totally unrelated to our business (we are international medical scientific research group and they asked for warehouse etc etc) and also presented as if it is first L1a request and not extension (obviouslly cut/paste from some other application)
-responded to RFE on time
-received a reply that the response will be shorter than original extension request (non specified what "shorter" means)
-30 days passed

Anyone has similar situation and /or timeline? Does anyone know how long the wait may take?

Thank you so much.

Due to L1 abuse alligations... now they have goen strict on approving L1's

yeah, so I heard. But it is interesting that they assume everyone is either doing a property business or opening some kind of shop or a trade. There are many businesses which don't belong to either. But they seem to cut and paste the same answers (or REFs for everyone).

pbranislav said:
yeah, so I heard. But it is interesting that they assume everyone is either doing a property business or opening some kind of shop or a trade. There are many businesses which don't belong to either. But they seem to cut and paste the same answers (or REFs for everyone).

Your lawyer needs to send proper response, I know one of the case where there were multiple RFE's and lawyer was persistant.... finally got the approval

Just noticed on the USCIS site that they are dealing with the date they received my application. So hopefully it won't be long now till I hear the reply.