L1 visa's affects on green card peition process

ayeshah2007

I am a US citizen residing abroad. My husband's company will be sending him to the US on a L1 visa. The application process for this is slated to start soon. I also intend to start the green card petition/application process for him. Here're my questions:

1) Are there any clashes/objections to him being put both under the L1 process and filing for his petiton for a green card?

2) Is it better/favorable to start the green card application process now or wait until he has the L1 and we are in the US?

3) Will him having a L1 visa make the petition process easier or have no effect?

Answers to the above questions and ANY other information provided on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Ayesha

HI
can some one can tell if My wife is eligible to file L1 visa. she in USA for the last 5 years and on H-4 visa and she is director of her father manufacturing company back in India and she is been filing tax retun in Indai for the last 3 years.

Thanks

jay

HI
can some one can tell if My wife is eligible to file L1 visa. she in USA for the last 5 years and on H-4 visa and she is director of her father manufacturing company back in India and she is been filing tax retun in Indai for the last 3 years.

Thanks

jay

Hi

She must have been employed one year in the past three years on the Indian company so doubt it but worth speaking to an immigration attorney to confirm

Can L1 be filed if a person is on H-4

Hi Susan

Thanks for the advice . We can show her as working for Indian Company from United States and she is receiveing Salary in India for which she is paying taxes in India. H-4 visa requires the person should not be working in United States and receive salary for the work she dose, which in my case she have fullfilled that requirement.... pls comment.

Thanks

Jay

The person should be physically present outside the US for an year prior to coming to the US to qualify for the L category of visas. Moreover, you should be able to demonstrate that the beneficiary has either specialized knowledge about some aspect that is not widely available outside the company or is working in a managerial category and intends to continue in the same position in the US. So, it will not be possible for your wife to apply for the L category of visas, as L visas are only for intracompany transfers.