L1 VISA going to expire - I-94 Valid

Marais

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

What needs to be done if L1 VISA going to expire soon and have I-94 valid for 2 more years?
Do I need to apply for VISA extension ? or Is valid I-94 is enough?

How about visas/i-94s for my dependents ?

thanks in advance..!

I-94 date governs how long you can stay in US, visa expiration data governs the duration for seeking entry into US. If you travel out of US and return, you will need a new visa, otherwise you don't.

L1B Visa Expire and Valid I94

I hold L1B Visa which is about to expire in Jan 2013 but having Valid I94 till Jan 2014. But as my family concern i could not stay here on I94. So is it possible to apply for an extension from USA itself?
Need info please...

I hold L1B Visa which is about to expire in Jan 2013 but having Valid I94 till Jan 2014. But as my family concern i could not stay here on I94. So is it possible to apply for an extension from USA itself?
Need info please...
You can legally stay in the US until your I-94 date. Visa expiration has nothing to do with duration of your stay in the US.

I-94 date governs how long you can stay in US, visa expiration data governs the duration for seeking entry into US. If you travel out of US and return, you will need a new visa, otherwise you don't.

Thank you for your response.. that makes sense..!
Dependents Visa/ i 94 expire before mine does. Employer planning on filing extension for them. Hope things will be alright.

I am on L1-B and my wife and kids are on L2-B. All our visas expires on Feb 2013. All of us right now in USA
My wife's and kids I-94 expires on Feb 2013 (same as Visa expiry)
My I-94 expirese on Nov 2014.

I am asking my employer to file the extension for all, but the employer is saying he will only file for my wife and kid and asking me to continue on I-94. He is saying that he can file the extension for my dependents based on my I-94.
Is it possible to file the extension for just for dependents alone (i mean just for L2 and not L1)?

What is the best option for me now? File extension for just dependents or force my employer to file for all?
What are the chances of getting the extension approval for both cases?

Thanks