L1 to H1 - Help reqd !

ekven

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

My friend is in US on L1B with Company A with valid I-94 till Aug '06. He came to US in Sept '05 on L1B.

He has H1B approved with Company B in Nov '05. He had applied for this in Feb '05 while still in India. There is no I94 in the H1B approval notice.

Now he wants to work for Company B.

1) Does he need a H1B stamp on his passport or can he work rightaway?
2) If H1B stamping is required, can he do it in Canada?
3) Does Calgary in Canada do this stamping? I know that Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal do. Halifax and Quebec do not do.
4) Any experience at Canadian consulates will be helpful.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

quebec

hello ekven,
i'm sorry i don't know the answer to your question, but i do have a question of my own. you say that the quebec city consulate does not grant H1B visas. i also saw on the amcits.com site that they only give H1Bs to those who are resident in quebec. are you sure about this? did you get the info from the amcits site or somewhere else?
if you could send me a response as soon as possible that would be great. i have an appointment at the quebec consulate but now i don't know whether to risk going there to get my H1 renewed. i am currently in the US.
thanks!

ekven said:
Guys:

My friend is in US on L1B with Company A with valid I-94 till Aug '06. He came to US in Sept '05 on L1B.

He has H1B approved with Company B in Nov '05. He had applied for this in Feb '05 while still in India. There is no I94 in the H1B approval notice.

Now he wants to work for Company B.

1) Does he need a H1B stamp on his passport or can he work rightaway?
2) If H1B stamping is required, can he do it in Canada?
3) Does Calgary in Canada do this stamping? I know that Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal do. Halifax and Quebec do not do.
4) Any experience at Canadian consulates will be helpful.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
1. No, without I94 endorsed with H1B, he can not work for H1 company.
2. he can try.