L1 rejection issue

baskar1981

I am computer engineer student and having more than 3 years IT expereicnce. I'm working in US MNC company. I went US consult for my L1 Blanket. But It's my bad time, It was rejected. Now again L1 individual has been applied for me. It's still in process it's not yet filed in US. I've got better offer from some other MNC. Can i shift to that company If i move there , i'll face any issue for applying L1 from new company. otherwise Shall i stay here till L1 get approved?.

Pls advice me.

I've got better offer from some other MNC. Can i shift to that company If i move there ,
Where is "there" ? Is that the US ? If so, only visa you will be able to get is H1 and you have to wait til next Oct to start working for that company.

Technically should be fine, practically I don't know because I have no idea how you can convince CIS that you need L1 from company that you JUST have left.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have worked for at least one of the last three years for the company that sponsors your L1. So even if you change companies, as GotPR says, the H1B is the only one that will allow you to move from one company to another - and they are all gone for 2007/2008. You will have to wait until April of next year before they are available.

If you really want to come to the US then, come with you present company so you can see if you like it.

i think, i confused you. My questions is will i face any issue during L1 interview which is applied from new company not in current company?.

How long have you worked for the new company? If you are just starting then you can't get an L1. You can only get an H1.

The purpose of an L1 is to transfer an existing employee from one country to the U.S. The employee must have worked outside the U.S. for the company for one of the last three years.

The new company can only offer you an H1B. This should have nothing to do with your interview. The interview should only focus on the company you are presently working for.