L1 Petition Processing Time

harshal

Hello,

I have few questions regarding L1 visa
1) How much time does it take to get the L1 petiion processed in regular mode and in premium processing mode?
2) Can I apply for my wife's L2 at the same time when I my employer applies for my L1 petition?
3) Once I get the petition back from USCIS how much time does it take to get the actual visa stamped? I live in London, I assume processing timings for this will differ by region.

Is there any website where I can check all the these timings myself.

Thanks,
Harshal.

1. In regular mode, several weeks to several months. Premium processing within 15 working days
2. Yes, you can apply for her L2 visa at the same time. She can also get unrestricted work authorization (EAD)
3. Once you have the approval notice, you can make an appointment with the embassy and get your visa stamped. This can be done in a matter of days, depening on how busy the embassy is.

You can check your case at the uscis web site. Just type in your case number in the online system and it will give you the status. Check with your attorney for more details.

No, you first need to have the L2 visa stamped. However, the process is pretty straightforward, and you can do it all online. In case, they don't already have your wife's fingerprints and picture, you will be asked to vist a local USCIS office and get that done. Sometimes they also will ask youto send a copy of the original notice (L1) and then she will receive the EAD card. Just be patient like with any USCIS process - it can take several weeks to several months.