L1 Or H1 ???

toton

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

What is the best type of Visa to get right now, as I will be working on the same company, that I am currently working on.

1- I have read that the H1 cap for this year has been reached, and no one can issue a new H1 before next Oct, is this correct??

2- What about the difference in duration in getting the visa (L1-B and H1-B)?

3- What is much better in getting the GC, L1-B or H1-B?

4- Are there any limits for the L1-B visas?

Thanks a lot

toton said:
Hi all,

What is the best type of Visa to get right now, as I will be working on the same company, that I am currently working on.

1- I have read that the H1 cap for this year has been reached, and no one can issue a new H1 before next Oct, is this correct??

2- What about the difference in duration in getting the visa (L1-B and H1-B)?

3- What is much better in getting the GC, L1-B or H1-B?

4- Are there any limits for the L1-B visas?

Thanks a lot
1. Correct
2. H1B 6 years, L1B 5 years
3. H1 is better
4. No. but recently DOS issued concern about the abusive use of L1 to avoid H1 quota. I guess they may get more scrutinizing L1 case.

Thanks GotPR for your fast response.

I miswrote my second question.
2- What I wanted to know is what are the differences in the waiting time between getting an L1-B and H1-B stamped, since the date of issuing?

5- (New question) how long it will take (average) to get a GC while having an L1-B?

Also I guess that your recommendation, if my employer wants me before October is the L1-B

Thanks

toton said:
2- What I wanted to know is what are the differences in the waiting time between getting an L1-B and H1-B stamped, since the date of issuing?
5- (New question) how long it will take (average) to get a GC while having an L1-B?
Also I guess that your recommendation, if my employer wants me before October is the L1-B
2. Stamp schedule simply depends on how busy US consulate is. It does not have any difference for H1 stamping or L1 stamping.
5. That is difficult question to answer at this moment. Some people gets in 3 years, some gets in 5 years. Currently, PD is retrogressed, and if you were from India/China/Mexico/Philipine, you will get stuck unless congress passes new law.

You can come with L1 and change it to H1 later.

This is my last question.

If my employer asked for an L1-B visa for me now, how long does it normally take to get it on my passport?

Thanks a lot GotPR for answering my questions.