L1 inquires

potoca76

Hi,

I really appreciate who can help me on make my doubts clear about my case:

I have been working for a USA Company in Venezuela from 2000. In 2008 they offered me a relocation to work in USA since May 2008. Currently, I am a L1 visa holder and my family has an L-2. In October 2008, the company decided to outsource their services; so, my assignment will be interrupted in May 2010. However, my L1 visa was issued for three years with the possibility to ask for an extension.
My questions are:

Even though my relationship with the company will be interrupted almost one year before the due date of my visa:
1. Can I legally stay in USA until the expiration of my visa?
2. My husband has a work permit which must be renovated in July 2010. Can he process the new employment authorization card for the two following years?
3. I wanted to initiate the process to obtain a permanent residence status. However, I can not be sponsored by the company because the department where I work will be eliminated. In my case, What others possibilities I have to apply for a permantent residence?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody help me to get some guidance to find the answers of my questions? I am not sure if there is something else I have to do and I don't know. Thanks.

Hello,

Although perfectly legal and without any problem, I have been through hell with immigration. Hired 2 different (good) lawyers. NOBODY KNOWS THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, YOU ARE AT THE IMMIGRATION'S MERCY.

I am sorry to tell you this, and I hope you will have an easier situation. But prepare for a lot of randomness and absurdity through the process.