L1/H1 Pls Help - Status

brkr25

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I came to US on H1 from company A.
As soon as I came here, company A started my conversion from H1 to L1. Meanwhile I applied for H1-to H1 transfer from company B and started working for them (Comp B). Company B's H1 transfer is approved.
After 2 weeks of company B's H1 transfer Approval, Company A's L1 is approved...
My wife was here on H4 (thru Comp A), which expired after my H1, L1 approvals. She applied for H4 extension with my CompB new approved H1B. She got the H4/I94 approval/extension.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STATUS THAT I AM HAVING CURRENTLY..

Generally, the last action taken is known as the status you are under. You need to check the approval dates of your H1 and L1. However, since you transferred the H1 from company A to company B, it should negate the L1 transfer if you were doing a change in status. Think about it - how can you have an L1 for a company that you don't work for.

It's sounds like it was just a matter of timing and that the L1 petition should have been withdrawn by company A.

Why don't you just call USCIS (from a payphone of course with a disguised voice :) and ask them what you need to do to keep everything straight.

Hi
Thanks for your reply/suggestion.
I am just wondering on my wife's H4 petition getting approved. Any comments on how it has got worked out??? Should I assume that since I am on a valid H1 (after all these H1-H1 transfer, L1 change), her H4 got approved???

Please suggest me.

Thanks again.

Can you please explain me more on this "the last action taken is known as the status you are under"