L Visa Blanket petition

compuser1978

Registered Users (C)
My L1B visa expiry date is 4th Feb 2003. My I-94 expires on 4th Feb 2005. I had an blanket petition ealier when I came to US till 20th July 2002 which is now expired. My company has got this blanket petition extended indefinitely and they now need me to send my passport for stamping. Does extension of blanket petition mean that my visa is extended?? While leaving US what all documents would I require?? Would it be just I-94 and the petition???
If I dont have my visa stamped,Would the it matter??

Also how does blanket petition relate to a individual??

thanks in advance

Dont worry too much

Friend,

As far as I know a Blanket Petition is for an organization & that has nothing to do with an individual. On L1B which is a "specialized skills", you should come across any issues as it is a Intra-company transfer.

I am surprised that you got such a lengthy I-94 validity, good for you & dont bother much. Sending your passports for re-validation of Visa is no harm, I suggest you do it just that ensure you take make one full copy of your passport, well this is what I was told by my organization attorney, then send it. It is definetly safe as I have been doing this every year for the last 3 yrs now & have not faced any major problem.

You can fly in and around US with your State ID/Drivers license, that should be good enough...

Note: I am not an attorney, if you have too many question, here is what you should do that I did too, just list down every query that you have & either send and e-mail or sit & speak it out. Get all your queries answered as that helps & reduces headaches or blood pressure problems!:p Dont worry too much.. as the company attorneys are normally too good.

All the best & take care.