Kuwait Airways: All inclusive $940

Led Zeppelin

Registered Users (C)
Have to travel to Chennai in mid Nov. Other airlines quoting $ 300 to 400 more. Have to go through London. Two questions?

1) Does going through an Arab country will be a problem in anyway (though I am not going out of airport). The way things are going now you never know.
2) Do I need transit visa (another waste of $100) for UK? Pain of filing and sending originals and feeling not secure till receving documents back.

Is it worth for $300 all this trouble? I am feeling its not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my friends who have traveled by Kuwait Airways, have complained about mass discrimination and rudeness against Indians and some other foreigners. One of my friends vowed never to travel on Kuwait Airways again.
Sure they are cheap and if cost is a big issue, you might give it a thought.

Read these Reviews before you make a decision though.
You might have to check for a transit visa, but the world needs a transit visa for security against these folks, so for them to ask for a transit visa would be oxymoronic.

Does travelling through Air India on Advance Parole requires transit visa of UK. In case it does then can anyone post expereince of getting UK visa through post and cost of it.
Thanks

My experience was good

when I travelled alone with my two kids to chennai without my spouse (June - August 2003). Kuwait to Chennai leg would be like travelling in a city bus ( if you know what I mean) but otherwise I felt the food was good ( I had opted for asian veg food) and it reached on time ( both ways). The stewards/esses(sp?) were sure helpful and imho it is very much worth for that money. You dont need a transit visa for UK (mine went thro' London as well). And I used AP for my travel. Hope this helps....

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Chennai few months back through Kuwait Airways and my sincere advise is - Please avoid travelling through KUWAIT AIRWAYS. They treat Indians very badly. Also they dont follow any time schedule, most of the time they reach the destination late by a few hours. My experience was really bad !!!!!!!!!!

I travelled to India via London Gatwick two weeks back for a one week trip. I did not take a transt visa for UK. No valid H1B. Re-entered using AP.

Mine is the same case, did some investigation and even I had two bookings confirmed from Air India, decided to go with Austrian Airlines. Here are the reasons:

1. I spoke to UK embassy and they said if I am travelling with AP then I would have to get a Transit VISA to pass through UK. An Extra cost of $47+ $16 = $63 + big hassale of sending docs.
2. No need to get Transit Visa to pass through Austria.
3. Austrian was cheaper then Air India ($1250 in comparision of $1350)

Originally posted by harapattawaiter
Does travelling through Air India on Advance Parole requires transit visa of UK. In case it does then can anyone post expereince of getting UK visa through post and cost of it.
Thanks

As far as I remember they incorporated this new rule only last monday, so you are also right at the time of your travelling you didn't need the visa.

Originally posted by malludude
I travelled to India via London Gatwick two weeks back for a one week trip. I did not take a transt visa for UK. No valid H1B. Re-entered using AP.

Transit Visa

Obviously, the people in this thread mentioning "no trasit visa" are not aware of the new developments. UK needs transit visa for certain categories. Some of the exclusions are people travelling to US/Canada with a valid visa, green card holders etc.. My assumption is that AP is never considered a VISA as it is just a document (remember no stamp in the passport) allowing the airlines to carry you to the destination (US) without violating any laws of the land (Airlines face stiff penalty for carrying people with no visa/travel documents).

Always check with the consulate and airlines before making the travel arrangements. Better safe than sorry.

Re: Transit Visa

Originally posted by r15118
Obviously, the people in this thread mentioning "no trasit visa" are not aware of the new developments. UK needs transit visa for certain categories. Some of the exclusions are people travelling to US/Canada with a valid visa, green card holders etc.. My assumption is that AP is never considered a VISA as it is just a document (remember no stamp in the passport) allowing the airlines to carry you to the destination (US) without violating any laws of the land (Airlines face stiff penalty for carrying people with no visa/travel documents).

Always check with the consulate and airlines before making the travel arrangements. Better safe than sorry.

Ok, how do they check the transit visa, if you don't even getout of the plane (in this case, AIr India)?

Can some post the Telephone numbers to get Kuwait Airways tickets? I would like to try Kuwait or Dubai. Some one told me Shopping is good their on Air port. Is it true? I would like to buy some gold ornaments for my Mom. I heard it is cheap over their. Any one tried that?

KA

I tavelled in KA over a year ago. My suggestion is expect delays (like Air India) KA also has lots of delays.

If you are flying to NY to catch the KA, then better have enough time to catch your connecting flight on the way back. KA has horrendous service at the JFK airport and they took 2 days to get me on a plane from JFK to JAX. Really! They paid for the hotel but who wants it? And, most of the day I spent at the airport shuttling between KA office and Delta's office to find out what was going on!

KA booked me in a Delta for the next day and when I went to the Delta counter, my name was not in their system. Could not contact KA because their office was closed!! Imagine my plight!!

Service is ok. U get Indians, especially locals, serving in the plane i ur last leg!!

Re: Transit visa for UK

Originally posted by gc_san
Do I need transit visa If I have GC.

Thanks...

If you have physical card, No. But if you have just stamp, you need transit visa.