Kiran Hegde and friends please I need your help

sana

Registered Users (C)
The AVM says the RFE has been sent on the 19th Jan 2001.Actually this message was updated only on the 29th of Jan.But to this date my attorney has not got the RFE.
Can you tell me what is the time lag between the issue of RFE and actual receipt of RFE in mail.
In fact on the 29th when I spoke to the IIO she told me that the RFE has been issued on the 19th of Jan and on the same evening the message also got updated.

No Title

Generally, the message should get updated when somebody types up the RFE, but then there are no rules, as you know. It should be generally expected to sit in the mail-room for a couple of days, waiting to be "mailed". Since it has been 2 weeks already, you can probably call them up & ask for a duplicate to be sent, if you do not get the original even next week....

No Title

In my case the RFE was sent out on 16th Jan the msg (I heard on 17th Jan 11:43 PM)updated for an additinal information request......is sent out/ Mailed on Jan 16th and I checked with my lawyer on 18th they say they already got it in NYC....
The RFE is bearing a date 12th Jan.

So check with your lawyer and ask him to call INS to reissue the RFE ( However INS will ask you or your lawyer to wait for six weeks but it depends on the officer who you speak to)

In worst scenario Give IIO your fedex ac# or Credit card # and they will send the RFE by courier at you expense.

Keep this things documented as the RFE has a time limit to reply and they simply can deny your case if you donot respond in time. ( Check the posting of Dipika Patel)

Hope this helps
Hanuman