Kids received plastic card. Do they need stamping ?

Sky_Drow

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Question. Kids got plastic card in mail. myself and my wife still have to go for stamping tomorow. Do kids need stamping too even after getting plastic card ?

yr FP2 date and category?

Congrats!!
the cards arrived for you pretty fast!!
when is yr FP2 done and what is yr GC category?
thx
=========
EB2
ND - 10/7/02
FP2 - 6/17/04
AD - 7/x/04 (?)

Sky_Drow said:
Hi Gurus,

Question. Kids got plastic card in mail. myself and my wife still have to go for stamping tomorow. Do kids need stamping too even after getting plastic card ?

I also had similar experience. One of my kids got plastic card already(Other one has not). I did not take them for stamping since the letter they had got was a welcome notice. No paper to go for stamping.
I have heard a few kids who do go for stamping. Slightly confused. Also I talked to the person at the window who gives out token numbers and the person there told me stamping is needed for kids also.
I am in a waiting mode at this time but will also check with my company's legal dept..

San_1,

In that case, I think it is better to take kids and get stamped. it is better to do something rather than nothing at all..

Kids do not need stamping, if they received 'Welcome letter', not 'approval notice'. They don't need to be fingerprinted.

ar888 said:
Kids do not need stamping, if they received 'Welcome letter', not 'approval notice'. They don't need to be fingerprinted.

Thanks ar888. I think what you are saying makes sense. I had also got an email that cards for my kids have been ordered. For some reason, one card reached us but other did not. Will check with USCIS and see what is the story behind it.
sky_drow, maybe you can post an update on if kids needed stamping if you decide to take your kids.

No need for stamping if plastic card is received.

When we received the welcome letter for my daughter in early June, I asked my lawyer if we could go to get her stamping based on the welcome letter, my lawyer said yes.

But we didn't go. When we received my daughter's plastic card in late June, I asked my lawyer if we still need to go and get her passport stamped, my lawyer said no, she is all-set!

SMLEE

RD: 2/2003
FP: 5/2003 (for myself)
FP: 11/2003 (for wife)
AD: 5/2004 (for myself and wife)
AD: 6/2004 (for daughter)
card received: 6/2004 (for kid)
card ordered: 7/2004 (for myself)
card ordered: ?????? (for wife)

san_1 said:
Thanks ar888. I think what you are saying makes sense. I had also got an email that cards for my kids have been ordered. For some reason, one card reached us but other did not. Will check with USCIS and see what is the story behind it.
sky_drow, maybe you can post an update on if kids needed stamping if you decide to take your kids.

OK I 'll clarify this more.
My daughter recd plastic card.
I took my daughter along with me when stamping passport.
I told askeed the IO if she need staming.
he said no

Guys,

Here is my experience. ar888 and others were right.

I had already got plastic cards for my kids. But for safer side, I took them along with me for stamping. The officer at the counter asked if I have received the card for kids. I said yes, then officer told me kids do not require stamping.

How long it took to receive the cards for Kid

Guys,
Please let me know the time frame with in which you received your kid's plastic card after the message said that a new card has been ordered. Please let me know. Same message for my daughter. We are planning to go to India in Novermber 1st week. Will it be done by then?

Thanks
Bhupender

kids do not need stamping. After approval date which is Jun 24th. In about a week time I got Plastic card for kids.

Guys, how about this

LUD 1
When on Oct 1, 2004 our status was changed to approved, my son's status was case no. not found.

LUD 2
Then it changed to:
"On October 4, 2004 after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

LUD 3
Then it changed to:
"This case has been approved. On October 7, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does this mean??
Is my son getting the card or is he getting the approval letter and then he goes for stamping???