Kids at the interview

sandy12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have interview scheduled next week and wondering do we have to take our kids with us (both are US Citizen born here) for the interview? are kids allowed?

Thanks,

Sandy

Sandy, I suggest you read the interview letter over again. It doesn't say you must bring your kids with you :D

As far as I know, you take the interview alone. You could bring your kids with you if you bring someone to watch them in the waiting area while you are interviewed. They'd get pretty bored pretty fast if the waiting area is anything like Dallas's.

Bring them to the oath ceremony. Have them memorize the national anthem and the pledge of allegience. Get them all their own little flag to wave (they will probably hand out flags at the ceremony, but it's not the same). Tell them how important the oath is. That's a much more interesting thing for kids in my opinion (though it does take *forever* to get started).

Kids are allowed not in the interview room but they can sit in the waiting area.
I took mine and saw lots of other kids in the waiting area.

Thanks for the info..

Does your spouse get interviewed at the same time or they invite you for an interview one by one.

my wife and i both are scheduled for the interview same time.

Sandy

I'm guessing if you pointed out the kids, they'd make sure that you don't get interviewed at the same time (I'd point them out as soon as I arrived (to whomever you see, security, etc)).

Then again, making any kind of assumptions about how the USCIS works is presumptuous.

Civic test

Will Civic test be multiple choice questions? also will it be written or will officer ask these questions verbally?

Thanks,

Sandy

Kids are allowed...

Hi,

I recently had my interview in Atlanta. I had to take my 6 month old with me as my wifes interview was also scheduled at the same time. I called the customer service number the previous day and the rep. told me to take the kid ( as I do not have much choice) but try to keep them calm during the interview process. The interviewer himself was a very nice person and he even tried to play with my daughter during the interview. I was talking to him whenever he asked me questions and while he is looking at the docs, I was trying to entertain my child. He had no problems with that at all. Luckily, my daughter did not cry and was quite playfull during the interview and everything went smoothly....I took the oath on the same day too.

Hope you will have good experience too.
nJoy,
HP.
sandy12345 said:
Hi,

I have interview scheduled next week and wondering do we have to take our kids with us (both are US Citizen born here) for the interview? are kids allowed?

Thanks,

Sandy

I haven't had my interview yet (but I get to celebrate my priority date's birthday next week!)

However, my wife said that the interview was very pleasant - one of the more pleasant experiences she's had with a government official (but, she had no kids with her :) )