Khoon Pasina\'s Christmas present!

Khoon Pasina

Registered Users (C)
With a mixture of relief, anger and anti-climactic angst I am pleased to announce that I will make it into the next millenium as a permanent resident (if I can get stamped in the next week, that is!). I just called VSC and the AVM said that my case was approved on 12/19/2000 (yesterday).

Many thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this absolutely wonderful site - It was almost critical to have this community that enabled us all to come together, share and console each other. Many thanks to all the other folks (mostly those that have left with their GC\'s clutched in their hot little hands!!) for the helpful comments and advice I have received. I hope I was (and am) able to give advice and information that has proved helpful to others.

I will post details of my stamping experience when that happens (Newark, NJ I guess). For all the new people who don\'t know my details:
EAC 99-202-5xxxx
EB-2/NIW (India)
PD 10/97
RD/ND 06/99
FP 04/00
Intent to Deny 9/00 (No record of H-1 visa) - received by INS 10/23/00
RFE 11/00 (Graduation date, H-1 visa copies, EADs) - received by INS 12/04/00
Approved 12/19/2000

Thanks again, everybody. I will now go home and open a vat of my favorite liquor. Hush beating heart...

KP

No Title

Congrats KP. Your RD/ND was the same to mine, and its a shame it took
so long for us (I got approved only last week). But we\'re there now.

check

No Title

KP, Congratulations.

You have been so helpful for many of us(new comers to this board).
I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.

No Title

Hey KP,

CONGRATS!! enjoy your freedom and savour the sweet victory.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on this board.I am gonna be in India this new years celebrating my greencard.......

Vrush

No Title

Vrush:

Thanks. Didn\'t expect the "old timers" to still be around!

Its quite a relief. But you know how it is - now you sit back and say "Well it wasn\'t that important. Now I have some REALLY important decisions to make!".

A very happy new year to you too. Have a good time back home.

KP

No Title

Check:

Thanks! Did you receive your letter yet? I am wondering if I stand a chance of getting the letter and the passport stamp before the year is out. Call me crazy, but for some reason I would really like to get the stamping done this year itself!

Take care

KP

No Title

KP, my AD for 485 is Dec. 9th. I got the courtesy notice Dec. 15th. I am
still waiting for the lawyer\'s notice. Drink Scotch this year and get
stamped next year.

check

No Title

Check:

What are you waiting for... Put down that Glenfiddich! You don\'t need the lawyer\'s copy - from what I see here (and have heard from most people who have gone), you can use your courtesy copy.

A bottle of good Rioja has been opened and drunk in good measure... thank you very much :)

KP

No Title

Congrats KP. Good to hear that something is moving at VSC.
I talked to IIO yesterday and he said I would also be getting a RFE and it would be mailed sometime in Jan 1 week beacause of the backlog.
I don\'t know what it is but after waiting for this long only consolation is, something is moving.

Enjoy yr Christmas present and good luck for the new year.

No Title

Question: Why INS asked your graduate date? Did you applied NIW while you were in school? Thanks!

No Title

intent_to_deny:

Thanks.

You should get your approval within a month of the RFE issuing date. It takes about 2 weeks turnaround (they always "receive" the documents a couple of weeks after they receive them!). Then two more weeks for processing - that seems the average.

All the best.

KP