Khoon Pasina did your I 485 get approved as

Vrush

Registered Users (C)
you had replied to the intent to deny query from INS. We too had got the intent to deny notice and we sent the papers to INS last week. The message still says that an intent to deny notice has been sent....blah blah blah.Just wondering what your case status was?
Thanks and good luck!!

No Title

Vrush:

I just called and it still says that they received my info on 10/24/00 (the post office says they received it on 10/12/00, but no matter). hope it does not take much longer - if it takes all of the 180 days they are claiming, I will be very upset!

KP

No Title

Vrush : The AVR is updated now. They recvd my response to my Intent to Deny RFE on 14th Nov. Even though I sent it on 26th Oct.

No Title

Hi,

Our AVR message too says that the info was recd on 14th nov but we sent it last week on 8th nov. So looks like INS just updates it once a fortnight or something........Hope well all hear the good news before thanksgiving(YEAH RIGHT!!!)

No Title

Here we go again - Just checked the AVS and it turns out that an RFE has been issued for my case today (11/15/2000). Am waiting to see what this is all about now.

For those that are interested, here are the details - EB2/NIW(Self, India), PD 10/97, RD/ND 6/99, FP 4/00, ITD 9/00, RFE 11/00.

Its 38 months now and I am too irritated for words!

KP

No Title

KP, You are atleast lucky, somebody is working on the case. Good luck. For my case AVS did not get updated and we responded on Aug 17. But alteast the IIO confirms that they have recd the response on Aug 24th. Beyond that god knows what is going on....

No Title

I am also EB3 india(RIR)...KP sorry to hear you got another RFE...This is frustrating.....why cant INS ask what ever they want in one go.....

No Title

Vrush:

I know - I wish they put every thing together and send it out at one shot. I wonder why they do this incremental thing.

Intent_to_Deny: As you can see - it is not exactly fun and games even when they are working on a file!!!

KP

No Title

Hi Guys!!
Our case is finally approved. The AVR message has changed for me and my husband that the case has been approved on 16th nov and a notice of approval has been mailed. The INS was very fast. They approved our case in two days of receiving our response to intent to deny. Hang in there sar krish and KP. You both too will get your approval soon.

Vrush

No Title

Vrush:

Congratulations! Feels like I will be the only "grandfather" left here on this site...

Take care - please post your stamping experience when you get the chance.

KP

No Title

Thanks KP. Dont worry you too will get the elusive green card soon. My intuitions are always correct :). What was the RFE about?

Vrush

No Title

Vrush: Don\'t know what the RFE is about - it was issued on 11/15 but I don\'t think they will mail it till today.

KP

No Title

I am reposting this from another discussion, in case people miss it on the other line... apologies for those that come across it twice.

-------------------

My Lawyer received the RFE today. They want
1) proof of date and graduation from grad school
2) H-1 visa renewal
3) Copies of the EAD\'s - what????
The really strange thing is that all these items were not only sent in with the initial application, the second item was sent in as part of the Intent to Deny response! And of course, the EAD\'s are issued by them, so why do they want copies of these? I just don\'t get it.

What is going on at VSC? All I can do is send in photocopies of the documents (again)... ...and wait (again)!

Khoon Pasina - being slowly driven to Aansu.

For those that are wondering about my moniker, Khoon = Blood, Pasina = Sweat and Aansu = Tears. Any guesses as to my favorite band?

No Title

Hi KP,
Looks like the IIO was drunk when he issued you the RFE :). When we got the intent to deny we sent everything....all the visa stamps, H1/H4 approvals, all EAD copies, I-20 copies everything we could think of and then again not think of. If you have the EAD approval notice send that too...(our lawyer told us to). Thats the letter your EAD comes attached in and has your alien number and so on..

ALl the best. You should get your greencard as soon as the IIO gets the stuff

Vrush

No Title

KP,

I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to keep getting these additional information. Hope you will hear something good very soon. Best of luck....at least your application is downgraded from intent to deny to RFE, although the approval would have be preferable.

No Title

Hi Vrush - good to see you still around and keeping up with us! I believe - no, I hope! - the response will go out today (from the lawyer). I expect VSC to receive it some time next week or thereabouts (they usually have up to a two week lag after receiving information).

Assuming they do not want any more information, I should be hearing from them before Christmas. I really do want to believe in the Vermont Santa Claus, you know :)...

WaitingInVain - I am not sure if an RFE is a "downgrade" or an "upgrade" from "Intent to Deny" - they are independent issues. In many cases an RFE can be scarier because they are asking for proof that one may not have. The Intent to Deny is usually a past status that can be sorted out with a $1000 payment if one does not have proof.

KP