Key points about the interview. Please help.

yenal

Registered Users (C)
I remember there was a topic that explains what can be asked and what kind of documents are needed to be brought to the interview. But I could not find it. Can someone help me about this? My interview is on January 7.

It is one of the stickies maybe? check the first threads in the forum.

ps: the notice to appear for interview tells you what documents to bring.

Then remember:

1) Do NOT lie.
2) Do NOT volunteer information.
3) Keep your answers short "yes" or "no".
4) Organize your documents and make copies of them.
5) Keep your cool, it's not a big deal, only your life! :eek:

My wife is a naturalized citizen. She does not have a birth certificate. Do we still need that even though we bring the naturalization certificate?

My wife is a naturalized citizen. She does not have a birth certificate. Do we still need that even though we bring the naturalization certificate?

Mr Yenal,

Her birth certificate is not necessary, she can just bring her passport which should suffice.

Best wishes and Happy New Year filled with great successes...:)

The funny thing is we did not get her American passport yet. But if you are talking about the non American passport that is great. Thanks for all the help.

The funny thing is we did not get her American passport yet. But if you are talking about the non American passport that is great. Thanks for all the help.

Mr Y,

In this case, she will need an american passport to establish her claim to a US citizenship. A foreign passport validates her citizenship to her native country, but in this case, only her american passport will do the trick. I am not sure when is ur interview, but she can do a rush passport which will take about two weeks and maybe cost you guys about $167 (check with passport agency), but will minimize any headache of a birth certificate...:cool:

Remember the interview is about her proving her American citizenship, which creates the basis for all your immigration benefits and eligibility...:)

Good luck and let us know if u have questions or concerns...;)

Happy 2008 to you all...:)

But she has the certificate of naturalization which proves that she is an American citizen. Isn't that enough.

But she has the certificate of naturalization which proves that she is an American citizen. Isn't that enough.

It is enough. However, naturalized citizens are strongly encouraged at their swearing-in ceremonies to apply for a US passport immediately upon being naturalized to maintain proof of US citizenship. Remember that people who lose their certificate face a tougher road to recover their naturalization certificate because of the amout of fraud involved in people seeking claim to US citizenship.

Whatever you guys decide, ensure that you prove claim to US citizenship..

It is enough. However, naturalized citizens are strongly encouraged at their swearing-in ceremonies to apply for a US passport immediately upon being naturalized to maintain proof of US citizenship. Remember that people who lose their certificate face a tougher road to recover their naturalization certificate because of the amout of fraud involved in people seeking claim to US citizenship.

Whatever you guys decide, ensure that you prove claim to US citizenship..

Interesting point.

We will try to get a birth certificate from her country's consulade here. Thanks everyone.

Like I said before, she was not born here. We have the certificate of naturalization.