• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Kenyan Experiences

emigono

Do we have people here from kenya who have successfully gone through the process? I am a DV-2007 winner, I sent my NL back to Kentucky last July 15th so far I have had no response. What is this I hear about the September 30th deadline??

Thanks All

not 2006 but 2007

did you read the booklet.
i think you are not sure which september.
dont forget. you are the winner in 2007.
then you out of game after one year.

Hi emigomo, Im a DV2006 winner and I have gone through the interview process and im actually planning my departure to US with my family. What you need to do is to keep an eye on this website http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3009.html which tells you when your number is up. During the period when your number appears your 2nd letter should be received from KCC. However if it takes too long to arrive (as it did in my case because they sent to the WRONG box number) call the US Embassy here in Kenya and ask when your interview is scheduled for. Alternatively call KCC and confirm that the letter was sent. Good luck....

charleston said:
Hi emigomo, Im a DV2006 winner and I have gone through the interview process and im actually planning my departure to US with my family. What you need to do is to keep an eye on this website http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3009.html which tells you when your number is up. During the period when your number appears your 2nd letter should be received from KCC. However if it takes too long to arrive (as it did in my case because they sent to the WRONG box number) call the US Embassy here in Kenya and ask when your interview is scheduled for. Alternatively call KCC and confirm that the letter was sent. Good luck....

Hi Charleston,
Since you are going with family, I wonder what amount of evidence of support did you actually show to them (that worked). We are a family of four and my bank account is not that fat (not near 125% of US Proverty level). And the Embassy has told me that they do not need any Evidence of Support for DV category. But, you know, in case they do not keep to what they said...

Would appreciate any input from your experience.

Thanks.

-Mon

dreamscometrue said:
Hi Charleston,
Since you are going with family, I wonder what amount of evidence of support did you actually show to them (that worked). We are a family of four and my bank account is not that fat (not near 125% of US Proverty level). And the Embassy has told me that they do not need any Evidence of Support for DV category. But, you know, in case they do not keep to what they said...

Would appreciate any input from your experience.

Thanks.

-Mon
Hi, I dont think anybody knows what correct amount is needed. What you must have is the $755 x 4 to pay on the date of the interview. I have a family of 3 and we had cash at bank/stocks/logbooks/pensions etc. of around Kshs.1.0m. I met a family of 6 who had nothing and i mean nothing. The guy told me he just had the $755 x 6 and some family title deeds not even personal and they still got the visa. However they had to prove that the person who will receive them in US was able to care for them for sometime and luckily he had signed an affidavit of support (form I-134). So Im sure you shall be ok. The KCSE certificate is the most important - without it your chances are very slim from what I saw. The marriage certificate + carry photos of your wedding if you had one, birth certificates and if you can get a letter from the person inviting you it is a plus. Hope i have answered you. Good luck.

dv 2013

thanks to Papasan for bringing my attention to this forrum,iam case number 4*** and my queries are the following,
i wrote my DOB as 1986 instead of 1987 and wrote an email to KCC pointing out the mistakes and even attached a scanned copy of my birth cert and high school leaving cert-they replied saying that the info will be includded in my case file for review
my wife and i did something pretty dump too(Birds of same feather...?!!)we wrote her maiden name as mrs munene instead of her name before she got married.
then we had never realy married formery but nw we have gone to the AGs office and married officiary,we had writen a random date of marriage in the form we sent to the kcc and so in our legal marriage cert it hsa been writen marriaed before under customary law,i hope thet know there are no paperworks in customary marriage so they wont ask us to verufy the writen date,..
finally,my surnames doesnt appear in my dads death cert or even my birth cert(be careful what u do with ua names or else ua kids will come to suffer one time,,,,,but my dads names on the death and my birth cert are the same....do uthink they will grill me over that?