Keeping priority date

perm201

Registered Users (C)
I work with Company A. I have my labor through PERM and I-140 approved on EB2, with PD 3/9/2006.

Now, it looks like I might have to change jobs soon, since things might go down with my company. Is there anyway I can get another company to apply for my labor on EB2 and keep my current PD? The one thing is: on my advertisments for labor, they had included some specific experience which I had as required in order to weed out applicants. This specific experiece is somewhat narrow and it is unlikely that any other company B would require this exact experience.

Also, assuming company A does not revoke the I-140, will that need to be applied again?

Thanks

This is all true. Even my company attorney told me the same that you can keep the PD if your 140 is approved. But all in theory. Has anybody in the forum have proved this???

Has anybody ported the PD across two jobs after I140 approval please reply..

Hi Perm201, You posted this query since 20th. Has anybody answered to your question saying Yes.

Companies will be greedy and they will hire new person saying labor substitution. Until you have very good relation with manager and could convinience HR for not revoking.

Even after this when you apply I-140 from new company USCIS might approve with new labor file date as PD(by mistake).. See the other post with that issue..

Again, if anybody has ported the PD across two jobs after I140 approval please reply to this post...Let us start the count...

Again my question is, why USCIS came up with I-140 premium processing? How does it benefit immigrant apart from applying for 3 year H extestion. Has USCIS ever documented on their website that immigrant can keep the PD across jobs if I-140 is approved?

Please help ...