Keep green card in and after citizenship ceremony

What happens to the physical green cards of foreign born kids? I know that we are supposed to turn in our green cards at the Oath Ceremony. But do we need to turn in our kids' green cards also, or when they get their passport or naturalization certificate?

That's too bad, my really old one has my baby pic on it, really cute :p

This is a different situation. You are supposed to turn both of them in, but really the one you have to give is the current one. I don't think it is the same issue if you forget to take the old one because you forgot you had it, or because it was lost among some other papers. The one that really matters is the current GC, and any other cards or visas you may still have. Use your own judgment.

What happens to the physical green cards of foreign born kids? I know that we are supposed to turn in our green cards at the Oath Ceremony. But do we need to turn in our kids' green cards also, or when they get their passport or naturalization certificate?

Don't turn your kids GC in, you'll need them for the passport. Most likely you'll be able to keep them as souvenir. However, if you apply for N-600 and you get invited for an interview, they might ask for the GC and keep it then. I don't know this for certain, just a guess. My child N-600 didn't have an interview so I don't know. However they sent a page together with the certificate asking to send them the GC in the enclosed envelope. There was no enclosed envelope, and on top of that the certificate was not correct, it had a typo and had to get it corrected using N-565, so I didn't send the GC anywhere.