KC transfer

Letter will come to you

vamsi9901,
Letter will come to you. THey won't send it to attorney. I think, we have to wait for 2 months if everything goes well. If we get stucked in name check, other problems, it will be more. I don't know what will happen. Let us hope for good.

nonsy,
what's name check?
is this separate from the Finger Printing results that were already done?
why would we get stuck? is this a lenghty process?

vamsi9901

Name Check is different from FP. FBI will do Name check. For some body, it would take 5 mins. For unlucky person, it will take in years. I have attached a PDF file. It will clarify your doubts. Name Check might have completed in our cases or not. Based on this forums, If it is not completed, we have to wait till it get completed for our Interview.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nonsy,
Thank you for your patient replies, i got more questions.
1. Are you planning to take a lawyer, when you get your interview?
2. Does this local transfer affect our EAD renewals? I E-filed my wife's EAD two weeks before the case was transferred and 4 months ahead of expiration. If no decision was made in 90 days can i go to local office to get a temporary EAD? because she is working now on EAD(hopefully i get an interview letter before that)
3. Is it advisable at this point, for me to file for EAD renewal? I am using H-1 at present and EAD expiries mid july.

Hi vamsi9901

No problem. I can assist you whatever I know.

1. Are you planning to take a lawyer, when you get your interview?
Yes. But it is not necessary. If you feel that your case is complicated, you hire an attorney. They will charge you around $350-$500

2. Does this local transfer affect our EAD renewals? I E-filed my wife's EAD two weeks before the case was transferred and 4 months ahead of expiration. If no decision was made in 90 days can i go to local office to get a temporary EAD? because she is working now on EAD(hopefully i get an interview letter before that)
Your EAD will be transferred to KC office.

3. Is it advisable at this point, for me to file for EAD renewal? I am using H-1 at present and EAD expiries mid july.

If you are in H1B, it is not necessary to renewal. I feel that we will get the interview before July. I didn't renew it. I am going to wait till May end. If I didn't get the letter, I will apply for it. (FYI. I didn't renew my 2nd EAD. It is expired on last year. I am in H1)

I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if you have any questions.

interview experience

Hi vamsi9901,

I had interview last month, it was really quick and the officer was really professional. It took about ten minutes for the interview. The officer went through some questions from the I-485 form first and verified some information regarding my job and my children. At the end, the officer told me that I will receive an approve letter later. The documents the officer asked for are: employment letter, family photes, passport, I-94, tax return, house renting information and children's birth certification.
The question the office asked are: where do u worK? what's your job responsibility? did you graduate from the school you attended in U.S? what's your kids' birthday? etc.....

Hope these help. Good luck to you! :)

plastic card receiving time

Hi xingfucun,
Thanks for all the help you had give me for my interview, I just recieved my approve notice last week. :) According to my approve letter it will takes 12-14 month to receive the plastic card. Can you share with me that what did your approve letter say about the plastic card receiving time. Also, can you keep me update when you receive the card. Thanks in advance.

Hope everything goes well with you. :)

interview date

rockclay
Thank you for posting your experience.
1. Is your case an Future Employment based category?
2. Did you take a lawyer with you?
3. What is the exact date of Interview, this will help me in calculate my wait time. My case transferred on march28th.

Hi vamsi9901,

1. Is your case an Future Employment based category?
No
2. Did you take a lawyer with you?
No
3. What is the exact date of Interview, this will help me in calculate my wait time. My case transferred on march28th.
The interview date was March 10,2005. It took about one and half month waiting time for the interview since my case was transfered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi vamsi9901

- Salary hike you will get with future employer than what you are currently getting?
The officer only asked my current salary.

- Which employment letter did the officer ask for? Future or Current?
Current

- What kind of questions they asked on rental lease . I bought a house recently and am afraid it will be a red flag for my intent to move to my future employer who is located in a different state than ks.
The officer asked how long I have been live in my current address.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent!How many weeks it takes KC office transfers an I-485 to another local office?

I am having some trouble. I am used to live in Kansas, but I moved to Arizona in Feb. More than a month ago, I mailed letterS to Kansas local office to trasfer my case to Arizona. But no answer yet. How long it will take Kansas city office to transfer a I-485 to another local office? I wonder should I go to Kansas City to for the scheduled interview next week? I am worried if I go there, my case may not be there. Any input is highly appreciated!
Joe

Thank you

Rockclay,
Thanks for answering my questions, hopefully i get an interview soon.

NiceJoe,
If i were you i would to KS interview and take care of it. EB3 numbers are moving, so you might get your approval once your date is current.
Can you post your time line? when your case is transferred and when you got the interview?

Rockclay

The letter says 8-12 or 12-14 months. But actually I received the card in only a couple of weeks. How good would it have been if the other steps of this process worked like this :)

Good luck to you.

vamsi9901

Hello vamsi9901,
Congrats! I have not received the Interview letter. I am really worrying. I am in Washington State. I have asked my friend to check mails daily. Really I don't know who is good lawyer in Kansas. I will update you.

Good Luck

Attn: xingfucun,vamsi9901,Ginnu

Hello xingfucun,vamsi9901

I have not received my Interview letter till today. Mine is transferred on March 15, 2005. I have 2 questions.

Does EB category makes any difference in setting the Interview date?
Does Attorney will get a copy of Interview letter?

Please respond to my questions.

Mine is EB2, not sure if the category makes a difference
Also on the notice i saw cc to my law firm, so looks like they sent a copy to the lawyer. I went ahead and copied him a fax.

Also if you are EB3 and your priority date is not current that might hold your application.
I saw some guys with priority date not current go to interview and told by officer to wait till it becomes current to get the passport stamped.

xingfucun,rockclay
gc interview went ok, officer said i will recieve approval letter in mail and i can call in 120 days to check the status.
When did you guys get the approval letter in mail after the interview? how many days/weeks it took?
When is it officially considered that you got your Greencard and are a permanent resident? is it when you get the letter or when you go for stamping or when you actually get the plastic cards?

Got Approved letter

With God's grace, I have finally received my card. It is very long journey (4 Years). Thanks for this wonderful forum.

Vamsi

Hello Vamsi,

Let us keep in touch for our plastic card. I think, We will be getting letter for Biometric notice. So please let me know any update your side. I will also update you.