Kashmir & CS485 2nd FP notice?

Who cares

Registered Users (C)
Did u guys receive 2nd FP Notice? I got mine scheduled in 2nd week of Jan. My AP was approved on 29th of December.
Wish u both Happy "GC" new year.
WC

Congrats for the 2nd FP(atlease some progress) Nope.. No change for me.

Thanks for the wishes and wish u the same.

Happy New Year and 2nd FP

A Happy New Year !!
I have just come back from Southern California,
and I found 5 letters from CSC.
4 of them are Fingerprint Notification(s) for all my family members.
The date of appointment is 02/11/2004.
(notice date of fingerprint 12/24/2003)
(stamped on 12/30/2003 at Laguna Niguel)
-kashmir (WAC-02-124-XXXXX)

2nd fingerprint hassles in Southern California

I got REPRESENTATIVE COPY of 1st FP notice from my attorney before my vacation.
My 1st FP appointment date was 6/8/2002.

I visited three ASCs to try 2nd FP with these copies on 12/30/2003.
1) Santa Ana - too crowded with hundreds of people
2) Buena Park - only ten people, but a receptionist rejected representative copies because its appointment date was too old.
He told me that I had to get an appointment letter at Santa Ana district office.
3) Gardena - almost empty, and a receptionist told me the same as above, however, I was able to meet an officer. She told me basically the same things but gave me three additional information.
- Notice is effective within 90 days from the appointment date.
- The reason is: USCIS has to pay a fee to FBI.
- No one at ASC can access a case information, so one has to get an appointment letter at a district office.

I had no time to visit the district office during the vacation.

Although I received 2nd FP notices, I have to send it to my children and each family member has to visit ASC.

2nd FP .. half done

My wife and I did 2nd FP at San Jose ASC yesterday(1/7/2004) earlier than the appointment date(2/11/2004),
but my children have to do in Southern California.
Originally posted by kashmir
4 of them are Fingerprint Notification(s) for all my family members.
The date of appointment is 02/11/2004.
(notice date of fingerprint 12/24/2003)

KAshmir and WC,
Is your online status changed to 2nd FP sent? I called the Customer Service to check on the 2nd FP and got the same bullshit answer.

> Is your online status changed to 2nd FP sent?
No, it was not changed.
Also, according to Project Kashmir, no case status has been changed on issueing 2nd FP notice.

2nd FP completed, but ... - Re: 2nd FP .. half done

My wife and I did 2nd FP at San Jose ASC yesterday(1/7/2004) earlier than the appointment date(2/11/2004),
but my children have to do in Southern California.
All my family members completed 2nd FP by 1/14/2004,
and the online case status message for two of them were changed with new date.

By the way, I received another fingerprint notices from the CSC yesterday,
but they are printed in the white papers even though their contents are exactly the same except Notice Date.
Has somebody received such a notice ?

Yes. The first 2nd FP notice I got was on a white paper(may be a courtesy copy?). And I also got a separate 2nd FP notice on normal INS paper issued and scheduled on a different date.

I did my 2nd FP with the white paper notice without problem, and ignored the other notice.

Thanx,
JAurora

Re: 2nd FP completed, but ... - Re: 2nd FP .. half done

kashmir, I got my 2 FP notices on white paper also. May be they hire some contractor for printing and sending FP notices and don't want to give them normal INS paper?

By the way what's return address on FP notice? I mean post office stamp. Did they send notices from the same location?

Re: Re: 2nd FP completed, but ... - Re: 2nd FP .. half done

> what's return address on FP notice? I mean post office stamp. Did they send notices from the same location?

PO stamps are almost the same,
and bold ones are diffent from each other.

RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED
PRESORTED FIRST CLASS
LAGUNA NIGUEL
JAN 12'04
U.S. OFFICIAL MAIL
PENALTY FOR PRIVATE USE $300
PB METER 7249828
U.S.POSTAGE

Re: 2nd FP completed, but ... - Re: 2nd FP .. half done

By the way, I received another fingerprint notices from the CSC yesterday, but they are printed in the white papers even though their contents are exactly the same except Notice Date.
Has somebody received such a notice ?

I also received second FP notice again. I have done them in December 2003. They are printed as a Notice of Action paper. First ones were on white paper. First second FP were from INS, second second FP are from BCIS. :confused:

As fingerprint will expire in 15 months, a lot of fingerprint may expire in April 2005 if the CSC will not be able to reduce the backlog.

However, the CSC seems to send another second fingerprint notice.
As I posted above, ASC accepts the notice within 90 days from appointment date.
So, if we do fingerprint again just before 90 days after appointment date, we can extend expiration of fingerprint by 3 - 4 months through July or August 2005.