K3 Visa Success for US Citizen spouse

guccidkny

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

Below are my timelines for I130 and K3 visa for my spouse:

1) Applied for I-130 in May, 2002 (Sent in my Application on May 20, 2002). They received it on May 21, 2002 and I received Notice of Action that my application has been received. My Receipt date was May 23, 2002
2) Applied for my Spouse for K3 on August 12, 2002. Receipt date was August 13, 2002
3) Got I-130 approved on October 7, 2002 and received Notice of Approval on October 10, 2002.
4) Got Letter from NVC on Nov. 11, 2002 that they are ready to process overseas consular processing. They asked me to send $65.00 to them for Affidavit of Support Fee so that they can send the AOS form. I had to send the fee to St. Louis first and then Saint Louis will notify New Hampshire of the fee and New Hamshipire will send me AOS form (I-864) form. Also at the same time i.e. in the same packet received on Nov. 11th, 2002, I received Choice of Agent letter for my wife to designate someone for her to have correspondence from NVC. I already had downloaded the Choice of Agent form and asked my wife to sign it and send it in. This was before Nov. 11, 2002. I got her Choice of Agent form signed end of October. The only thing with the downloaded copy is that it doesn't have barcode written on it. When NVC sends you the Choice of Agent form, it has barcode on it. So on Nov. 11, 2002 when I got the Choice of Agent letter along with the AOS support fee letter, I sent both of them i.e. Attached my wife's signed Choice of Agent form (without the barcode) with the one which was not signed. With the barcode, it is easy for them to just scan it and put the documents into their system. Choice Of Agent letter goes to New Hampshire directly.
5) My K3 visa petition got approved on Nov. 25, 2002 by Missouri Center.
5) My Money order for I-130 for $65.00 got cashed on Nov. 24, 2002. I got the AOS (I-864) form on Dec. 7, 2002.
6) Now I received the Fee Bill for Immigrant Visa Application i.e. $335.00 on Dec. 6, 2002. I sent the $335.00 on Dec. 7, 2002 and Saint Louis received it on 9th December.
7) I sent my AOS (I-864) form signed and notarized on Dec. 10, 2002 and New Hampshire NVC receives on Dec. 11th, 2002.
8) I receive a letter from NVC on Dec. 11th, 2002 that they have sent my wife's K3 application to Delhi on that day via email.
9) My Cashier's check gets cashed on Dec. 24, 2002 for $335.00.
10) My wife emails to New Delhi Embassy on Dec. 26, 2002 asking about the K3 petition and interview date. New Delhi Embassy responds back on Dec. 31, 2002 telling her that her interview is on January 27, 2002 at 8 AM. The case # which Delhi Embassy responded back was different as compared to the NVC K3 case #. Delhi Embassy creates a new case # when the K3 visa case arrives in Delhi through email.
11) My wife receives a letter from Delhi Embassy dated Dec. 31, 2002 about K3 processing (Appointment Letter) on January 4th, 2003.
12) I receive my Immigrant Visa application for wife on January 6th, 2002. I sent in my Immigrant Visa application to NVC on January 10, 2002.
13) NVC receives DS-230 application (Immigrant Visa application) Part 1 on January 13, 2003.
14) I send all of my Non-Immigrant papers i.e. I-134 Affidavit of support form, my employment letter, my assets values, my tax returs etc. to my wife on January 10, 2002
15) My wife does her medical on January 16, 2003.
16) She interviews for K3 visa on January 27, 2003 and they give her visa the same day although the visa is picked up by her the next day as Embassy forgot to ask her for the passport in the morning when she interviewed and asked her to come at 4 PM to pick up visa on 27th. When she went, they told her she would have to come tomorrow (28th) to pick it up as they didn't have her passport. At 4 PM, my wife gave the passport and then came on 28th at 4 PM to pick up the passport with visa and all her documents.

There is no notarization required for marriage certificate, Employment letter etc. You only require notarization of I-134 and I-864 form. But what I also did was I declared on a seperate sheet of paper what were my assets. I had three seperate letter telling my Real Estate value, stock value, personal property value and I signed that and got that notarized as well. I also attached my proof of value but didn't get those notarized.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

-Guccidkny

Congrats

Guccidkny,

Congrats for smooth sailing for your immigrations.

I have follwoing two questions:

Q1. Where did your wife get her medical done? (Addess and
Phone number)
Q2. Did the NVC case number start from NWD2002XXXXXX or it was in different format? What was the format of case number generated by US consulate New Delhi.

Thanks & Enjoy life.

cpDelhi

Hello CpDelhi:

Thanks a lot. She got her Medical done at the Dr. Shakuntala Dawesar and Dr. Bhusan Dawesar in New Delhi. Their address is:

G-27. UGF, Ansal Chambers 1
3, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi 110066
Telephone: 26104129, 26195327, 26107191
Timing: Monday to Friday - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday to Saturday - 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

The K3 case number was still in the NWD2002xxxxx format. It was a different K3 case # than given to us by NVC.

-Guccidkny

Folks:
Can someone please help me. My sister is getting married to a US national and I am in dire needs to understand the Family based filing process for GC. ( My sister is in the US and my to be brother-in-law lives in CA).
I would like to know what forms can be filled concurrently. Can she file for EAD, AP concurrently.

Thanks,
Bapa

US National.. What kind..

Originally posted by Bapa
Folks:
Can someone please help me. My sister is getting married to a US national and I am in dire needs to understand the Family based filing process for GC. ( My sister is in the US and my to be brother-in-law lives in CA).
I would like to know what forms can be filled concurrently. Can she file for EAD, AP concurrently.

Thanks,
Bapa

Bapa,

Your sister will have to maintain her legal status in US till she is granted LPR(Lawful Permanent Resident) status from INS. If your to-be-brother-in-law is a US citizen, then it might take somewhere between 3 to 6 months for your sister to get LPR status. If your to-be-brother-in-law is just a LPR (or a green card holder) then it will take about 3 to 4 years for your sister to get LPR status and your sister willhave to maintain some legal status during her stay in US.

Hope it helps. INS laws are getting more stringent. Tread carefully.

Best of Luck.