K3 visa processing time in vermont

m_abraham12

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone,
I am applying for my US citizenship this month...my husband is in India awaiting for his I 130....i heard abt K3 visa is easier for him to get to US if i apply for him after i become a US citizen..
can someone advice me on my doubts???
shall i just upgrade my I130 after i become a US citizen and just wait for the visa call?
or shall i apply for K3?
or shall i do both?
which is faster?
please help me as i am away from my husband for the past 4yrs.....
thanx a lot in advance...
manJ

I-130 taking too long

Hello all, I am new to this site but Thank you for all the good things you are doing for us.
I am a US citizen living in NY married to a nigerian who lives in LOndon on a student visa.

We got married in June 06 and VSC received my I-130 in July 18, 2006. I havent heard anything from them until March 4th, 2007 when they sent NOA requesting for a civil marriage certificate. We had provided a Church of England issued certificate.

My questions are:
When I get the civil certificate, how much longer would i wait to get a decision?
My wife's student visa has expired and she has applied for extension which is still pending at the HOME OFFICE (immigration) in UK. SHe has a letter acknowledging the receipt. Is this a problem?
We maintained a verifiable relationship over the past 4 years.
Will I need to apply I129f again?

We got married in June 06 and VSC received my I-130 in July 18, 2006. I havent heard anything from them until March 4th, 2007 when they sent NOA requesting for a civil marriage certificate. We had provided a Church of England issued certificate.

I have applied I-130 which was recieved by USCIS @ vermont on September 11 2006, till today(21 MAR 2007) I haven't recieved anything from them. Didn't you sent the copy of the marriage certificate with the application, I thought that was the requirement. Any way, since nothing happened after 6 months, I decided to go with K3 visa and applied for I-129F which was received by USCIS chichago on Mar 2 2007, I got a second letter from chichago stating they are moving my case to vermont processing center (I don't know why?? I thought K3 used to be processed from chicago only) now I am waiting.. Please share your time line in the future which will alert me when to expect the next letter... Thank you.
AL-Amin