K3 VISA issues- Please advise

xanth

:confused:

Hello,

I know there are probally a thousand similar threads to mine, but I still hope someone can give me some advice. I am a member of the armed forces (USA) while deployed to Iraq for 15 months, I met my wife. After I returned home, we met In Jordan and got married (this past August)
I then hired one of the "K visa" lawyers you can find online, who had a good track record. I am new to this proccess, so please bear with me.
This is the recipt notice I got yesterday

Your spousal visa petition was receipted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS," formerly the BCIS) on November 19, 2004. It is currently taking approximately 200 days from the receipt date until USCIS approval, and then another 10 days before we receive a Notice of Approval from the USCIS. Your USCIS Receipt Number is

We do not expect to hear anything from the USCIS regarding your petition until approximately June 20, 2005. We ask that you please not contact our office regarding the status of your petition before this date since we will not likely have information to offer you. We will contact you immediately when we receive approval.

My wife is Iraqi, and is currently stayinng in Jordan untill she gets her visa. She has a temporary visa to stay in Jordan , which will expire before June. She is thinking about going back to Iraq to wait, and is very upset at the long proccessinng times. She had a freind who got a fiancee visa approved in only 3 months.
My question is : Is there anything I can do to expidite this proccess? Can we get her a tourist visa or something? June is a long way away, and I hope there is something I can do to get her here to the states sooner. I am afraid that if she goes back to Iraq, she will have trobule returning to Jordan when it is time (the boarders may be closed, who knows)

Should I contact my congressman? Please any advise or help to expidite this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

xanth said:
:confused:

Hello,

I know there are probally a thousand similar threads to mine, but I still hope someone can give me some advice. I am a member of the armed forces (USA) while deployed to Iraq for 15 months, I met my wife. After I returned home, we met In Jordan and got married (this past August)
I then hired one of the "K visa" lawyers you can find online, who had a good track record. I am new to this proccess, so please bear with me.
This is the recipt notice I got yesterday

Your spousal visa petition was receipted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS," formerly the BCIS) on November 19, 2004. It is currently taking approximately 200 days from the receipt date until USCIS approval, and then another 10 days before we receive a Notice of Approval from the USCIS. Your USCIS Receipt Number is

We do not expect to hear anything from the USCIS regarding your petition until approximately June 20, 2005. We ask that you please not contact our office regarding the status of your petition before this date since we will not likely have information to offer you. We will contact you immediately when we receive approval.

My wife is Iraqi, and is currently stayinng in Jordan untill she gets her visa. She has a temporary visa to stay in Jordan , which will expire before June. She is thinking about going back to Iraq to wait, and is very upset at the long proccessinng times. She had a freind who got a fiancee visa approved in only 3 months.
My question is : Is there anything I can do to expidite this proccess? Can we get her a tourist visa or something? June is a long way away, and I hope there is something I can do to get her here to the states sooner. I am afraid that if she goes back to Iraq, she will have trobule returning to Jordan when it is time (the boarders may be closed, who knows)

Should I contact my congressman? Please any advise or help to expidite this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Why statte in US are you from? If you are under California or Vermont service center your I 130 maybe approved before K3 visa.

Hi!My husband filed for k3 visa for me last Aug 2003 and was able to get a visa last Sept. It took us more than 1 yr before I can follow him here in U.S and just after I get my k3 visa my I-130 was approved. It was such frustrating coz we could jaz have applied for I-130. All I know k3 visa was created so that the US citizen spouse can bring her spouse in a faster way while waiting for the approval of I-130. My father in-law wrote one of the Senators here asking if theres anything he can do to expedite my petition but it was no help cant do anything about my case :(