K3 visa interview in Islamabad, Pending Background check

SyedNaqvi

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
My wife went for her K3 interview in Islamabad on Nov 3rd,2006 they told my wife that they will issue K3 visa but after they complete some admin processing and they kept her passport. Its already been 3 months since her interview. I called embassy few times one time when I asked about admin processing they mentioned about back ground check. I waisted 6 months due to my back ground check for my Naturalization application and now I am facing the same thing again. I can not explain how frustrating it is. If any body can guide me and tell me my options, can I talk to any attorney? is there anyway to put the pressure on embassy complete processing?

Hiring a lawyer will not help cut down the admin processing time. Even Ambassador Ryan Crocker in Islamabad cannot help you on that. I know it is easier said than done, but your only option is to wait it out.

i am in the same boat have not heard thing from the embassy.... i heard that the processing is done with in 6 to 8 weeks... but i guess this is not true...admin processing is a list of security clearance and it takes time as there are some many ppl againt a very small FBI staff who is handling this

Processing time at CHC Islamabad

A facebook group has been created "Protest against Canadian High Commission in Islamabad"...
I would encourage everyone to join this group and discuss all your matters there, and then we should make a plan to approach top Government officials and news channels and start complaining about the stupid system...

Let your voice be heard...

Firstly, this is the wrong sub-forum to post. This sub-forum has nothing to do with Canadian immigration and thus I see no point of protesting against the Canadian High Commission.
Just out of curiosity, what stupid system do you want to protest against?

A facebook group has been created "Protest against Canadian High Commission in Islamabad"...
I would encourage everyone to join this group and discuss all your matters there, and then we should make a plan to approach top Government officials and news channels and start complaining about the stupid system...

Let your voice be heard...

Most embassy's will issue the visa right after the interview some will mail it a week later. The interview will be easy. Don't worry.