K3 and List of Forms to fill?

trueamerican

Registered Users (C)
I am a bit cofused about which forms I need to file for K3. My understanding is that I need fill I30 and I29f
together. Is this correct?

Also, Do I need to send an original copy of the birth certificate of my spouse who I am sponsoring, I only
have a copy.

I also heard that if the I30 gets approved before I29F , I29F becomes null and its better to proceed with I30.

Whats the strategy to save time
thanks

No need for original Birth Certificate, I am surprised to even hear this. A copy would work.

Also, the way process goes, you file I-130 first and after you get the Receipt Notice, you file I-129F(free) so ordinarily, their filing dates will be about 10 days apart if you are doing your paperwork and preparation all beforehand.

If I-130 gets approved before or at the same time as I-129F, NVC tosses away I-129F so your spouse can't go for K3 visa and she will go directly for GreenCard at the US Consulate out of US.

Good luck.

I am a bit cofused about which forms I need to file for K3. My understanding is that I need fill I30 and I29f
together. Is this correct?

Also, Do I need to send an original copy of the birth certificate of my spouse who I am sponsoring, I only
have a copy.

I also heard that if the I30 gets approved before I29F , I29F becomes null and its better to proceed with I30.

Whats the strategy to save time
thanks

have a copy.

I thought only the petitioner (U.S. citizen) had to send a copy of the birth certificate or a copy of all pages on the U.S. pasport. I did not know that you had to file one for your spouse too. If anyone can enlighten me before I send the I-130 package I would appreciate it thanks.

As far as Im aware, the birth certificate of the beneficiary is presented during the physical interview at the interview/consulate and so is not needed during the initial petition (filing of the I-130).
Just looking over the guide that I posted a link to in my previous post, this does appear to still be the case.
Im sure someone will chime in if Im incorrect though.