K3 and I130 approved: Now what?

pgeorge64

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am in the middle of completing required paperwork (I-864) for an approved I130. I get an approval notice for the K3 application I have already filed. They say they will send the case to the consulate in a week.
Does this mean that, if my wife comes here on K3, will she need to go back to the consulate to complete the I130 processing ? or she can just file an AOS here?

Thanks
P. George

no she just files and AOS here

that's the whole point of having the k3

tell her to make copies of everything and don't forget to bring it all with her when she comes here.

when you do the actual AOS here you dont need to file another i-130 but you have to file everything else and there will be a lot of redundancy

pgeorge64 said:
Hello,
I am in the middle of completing required paperwork (I-864) for an approved I130. I get an approval notice for the K3 application I have already filed. They say they will send the case to the consulate in a week.
Does this mean that, if my wife comes here on K3, will she need to go back to the consulate to complete the I130 processing ? or she can just file an AOS here?

Thanks
P. George

Hi George,

No...she does not have to go back to India for I-130. Remaining paper work will be done in the US after she gets there.

I am in a similar situation. My hubby is in the US and he filed I-130 in June, 04 and I-129f in July 04. The I-130 was forwarded from Texas SC to California SC in Sept and got approved in Oct 04. He received notification last week that the I-129f has been approved but we have decided to go ahead with the I-130 although it takes longer coz the paper work involved is minimal compared to K-3 after I get there. Anyways, I received the DS-3032 which I sent back [hubby has sent Affidavit of Support and bill for DS-230] and am now awaiting the DS-230 forms which should be here in about 3 weeks and then the final interview. Hopefully I shall be scheduled for my interview in Johannesburg in May/June 05.

We had to go through this long process coz the US consulate in New Delhi didn't accept our I-130 last May coz I do not reside in India. We were told to apply in Jo'burg coz that is the the consulate covering my country of residence but hubby didn't have any more leave to come here so he went back and filed in the US.

Hope this helps somehow. Good luck.

Regards,
Ann