K1 or K3

rogerbhai

Each situation is different, so I am posing a question here on my situation. All inputs are welcome.

My fiance is from Pakistan, and I am wondering what my quickest option is for bringing her here is. How long is the K1 visa processing taking (until she arrives here)? how about k3?

Her mother and her sister have a US visit visa, so if I apply for her fiance visa, she can be accompanied by her mom/sis and get married here. The other option is to get married in pakistan and play the waiting game.

Which route you guys think is betteR? How long is K3 visa processing taking in pak? How much is the time after the interview?

Thanks in advance.

The K1 'typically' takes less time than a K3- however, looking at recent statistics, it appears that now the K3 is now taking roughly the same time (k1 first notice of action to interview = 209 days on average, k3 = 195 days on average http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl= ) However, the added bonus with the K1 (timewise) is that you can almost apply for it immediately (provided you are both free to marry and your fiance gets her necessary documents over to you) whereas for the K3 you will need to wait until you are both together again and get married before it can be applied for.
Im not sure how long the visa will take after the visa interview at the Pakistan consulate, but from the UK the visa took 5 days (I could have paid more for the courier service to get it quicker than that but I was in no rush). The visa is then valid for 6 months, then once you enter the states, you must marry within 90 days. For specific questions on the process for fiances from Pakistan, you could post your questions on the appropriate regional forum here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=100.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Hi K1/K3 gurus,
My cousin who is US citizen has an affair with girl, met with her 4 years back in one of our marriage occasion back in India. Currently the girl is working in Australia but an Indian citizen. In last few years they have been chatting and talking and wants to marry in india in the next few months.

What is best option on the following
My brother can apply K1 -fiance visa for her , but the I129 form has one question ( 18) that requires details of their personal meeting in the last two years... which they had not. What is best options on this point as they had met 4 years back but have not met in the last two years...

please reply asap as our family is in the process of their wedding in the beginning of the next year.

2. Could visitor visa for her be an option from Australia to US so that both can meet fo fulfill i129 requirement ? Any issue on this option?

Thanks

There is no way getting around the 2 year meeting requirement unless there is extreme hardship involved or severe illness which means its impossible for the two people involved to meet. So yes, before the k1 is applied for then they both MUST meet again (that is one of the things that USCIS is adament about). Of course, your cousins girl could apply for a B visitors visa in Australia, but just being in Australia will not make it any easier for it to be approved.

Though you also say that they want to get married in India. If this is the case then the K1 is not the way forward as the requirement is that the K1 visa holder MUST marry their fiance in the USA. Getting married in India would void the visa. In this case, if your cousin is still wanting to marry in India, then he can travel to India for the wedding, get married to his girl and then begin the K3 process. His girl will then be able to join her new husband approx 10-12 months after the wedding when the K3 has been approved.