K1- interview in Delhi- following steps

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I guess we have reached the later stages of the process. I-129 was approved earlier, sent to the US Embassy in Delhi, the fiance recd. a Packet 3, i sent her the I-134, now waiting for Packet 4, and waiting for an interview date.

Question: How does it work after this? If the interview is on Sept 30 and she gets approved, I suppose she gets the visa stamped the same day. Is that right?

I guess the visa is for 6 months from that date stamped in her passport. Does she have to travel here as soon as possible? Or can she wait a month or two or even three after that date? Reason being that we are trying to have a religious ceremony organized before she comes here and now it is getting all messy with priests and astrologers and auspicious dates and following customs and rituals and what not.

What is that 6 months period for? To enter the US any time within that time? OR enter the US, get married here in court, file the papers of AOS etc within that 6 months time?

Suppose, for educating myself, she gets the K1 visa on Sept 30th (for 6 months till March 30). Can she enter the US till Feb 28 (after 5 months)? And does that 90 day rule, to get married and file for AOS, apply after she has entered the country? (potentially extending the marriage date till May 30). Just trying to be clear so I can tell the other side. Thank you so much as always. Really appreciate it.
akash

Six months are for entry, her 90 Day period to apply for AOS starts from the date of entry into US. Please bear in mind hopefully she will not have a AP at the interview, if she has a AP she will not get the actual visa until that clears, for some applicants it took months to get through AP even for females.

AP is Administrative Processing for all Visa applicants whether Immigrant or Non Immigrant, basically a Name check conducted by different US agencies. A lot of people will not get a AP, but for some if they have a "Hit" for any reason, their Visa will not be issued until that is resolved.
Also please note that a Consular Officer at interview can also put a applicant in AP by requesting one or several clearances from Multiple US agencies if the applicant has a back ground with sensitive educational background or employment such as Nuclear Studies or Armed Forces in the home country that will require clearances.