Just when my I thought it's time to give up...

GC_TRAP

Registered Users (C)
Just when I thought it's time to give up...

My PD is Aug. 2001 EB-3 India, I-485 RD is July 2003. I have been CURRENT since June 07, interviewed in local office in June 2005, told at that time that all Security/Name checks are done and am only waiting for a Visa Number, which was not to happen for two more years.

Making no headway through any normal channels, including INFOPASS, SR creation, honoring and calling USCIS after XX number of days as requested, I had just about had enough of it. Last week, I finally called the local Congressman's Office and requested for an update. Today, I checked back and they had not heard anything.

Yesterday, I went online and renewed my AP for $170.00 that expires in a few weeks. I also decided to call a Travel Agent to look into one-way ticket out of the US.

Today, I also called Customer Service again since it had been more than a month since they sent me a "fake" letter saying that I should receive my PR card in less than a month. Imagine my surprise, when I was told that my case is in Security Check (again???) and she has no other information about it. SECURITY CHECK IS PIECE OF CRAP and ONLY A DELAY TACTIC, of that I'm convinced.

I also received a Case Type I-181 notice in the mail today stating on one hand that my application for PR status is being processed and if I don't hear back from them within 30 days I should contact them. On the other hand, it says Welcome Notice in Notice Type section.

If that was not confusing enough, I went online and looked up the RN of this notice and the message says that my card has been ordered for production and should take about 30 days to be mailed to me. Since my faith in USCIS is still Zero, I do not read too much into this notice and will see it to believe it.

I had had upto my neck today...I have exercised patience, active pursuit of the case, total indifference, everything that is possible in these more than six years of waiting.

HOW UNFORTUNATE THAT WOULD-BE RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS OF AMERICA HAVE TO GO TRHOUGH SUCH A ROLLERCOASTER TO BELONG HERE. I have nothing but bitter and sour taste in my mouth and don't know if I will ever feel good about this whole process. NO, the end does not always justify the means.

Last edited by a moderator:
sailing in the same boat

My PD is Aug. 2001 EB-3 India, I-485 RD is July 2003. I have been CURRENT since June 07, interviewed in local office in June 2005, told at that time that all Security/Name checks are done and am only waiting for a Visa Number, which was not to happen for two more years.

Making no headway through any normal channels, including INFOPASS, SR creation, honoring and calling USCIS after XX number of days as requested, I had just about had enough of it. Last week, I finally called the local Congressman's Office and requested for an update. Today, I checked back and they had not heard anything.

Yesterday, I went online and renewed my AP for $170.00 that expires in a few weeks. I also decided to call a Travel Agent to look into one-way ticket out of the US.

Today, I also called Customer Service again since it had been more than a month since they sent me a "fake" letter saying that I should receive my PR card in less than a month. Imagine my surprise, when I was told that my case is in Security Check (again???) and she has no other information about it. SECURITY CHECK IS PIECE OF CRAP and ONLY A DELAY TACTIC, of that I'm convinced.

I also received a Case Type I-181 notice in the mail today stating on one hand that my application for PR status is being processed and if I don't hear back from them within 30 days I should contact them. On the other hand, it says Welcome Notice in Notice Type section.

If that was not confusing enough, I went online and looked up the RN of this notice and the message says that my card has been ordered for production and should take about 30 days to be mailed to me. Since my faith in USCIS is still Zero, I do not read too much into this notice and will see it to believe it.

I had had upto my neck today...I have exercised patience, active pursuit of the case, total indifference, everything that is possible in these more than six years of waiting.

HOW UNFORTUNATE THAT WOULD-BE RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS OF AMERICA HAVE TO GO TRHOUGH SUCH A ROLLERCOASTER TO BELONG HERE. I have nothing but bitter and sour taste in my mouth and don't know if I will ever feel good about this whole process. NO, the end does not always justify the means.

TSC IO Phone response.

6.7.07: Every thing OK. Nothing pending. Wait for 30 days to get approval.
6.29.07 Status request filed. No response till date.
7.20.07. IO #1: Security check pending. Its only Internal computer problem and will be fixed soon . IO # 2: You have been assigned visa number and as soon as the security check is cleared you will be approved.
7.23.07 : Security check is pending. It is same as Name check.

GC_TRAP. It seems their (USCIS) hide and seek is coming to happy end for you. Hang on.

While, I myself feeling frustrated over the issues, I wish you do not get desperate and go for one way ticket.

The journey is far from over...

Though my journey is far from over and I will not believe any Notices or online messages until I receive the card in hand, I will say to both GC_Woes and For My Country that sometimes our stories, our case situation seems to be the WORST of all.

Often when I would feel depressed and upset about my delays, I quietly thought about a friend who is "STILL" pending since September 2000. So, there is always someone out there who is in a worse situation than us. I agree with GC_Woes that for the most part we have to be detached from this process, think of it as something that will happen in it's own time (believe me, I was able to do it most of the time; occassionally I'd struggle with it, being a mere mortal).

My issue was not so much that I had not gotten a GC yet. It was the delay in hearing a YES or NO from USCIS. I had mentally prepared long time ago that I may never get a GC (and it still could happen) and may have to go back. I just wanted them to give me an answer in reasonable time-frame.

So, enage yourself in other activities, hobbies, meaningful work, volunteering, support a cause, support an orphan in third world, do something, but do not be consumed by this GC process. It will happen if it is meant to happen. If not, then there's always other doors that will open.

Also "For My Country" I also noticed today that the I/O I spoke with must have seen my I-181 notice mailed in the system but still told me I'm in a Security Check (second one). Lastly, if you have not already done so, contact your local congressman/woman and ask them to inquire on your case. Do it politely and firmly and tell them how much you appreciate it.

In the end, good luck, coz it really boils down to luck...

Guys
I am in the same boat
PD 2002 EB2 attorney screwed up and made it EB3
Had interview at the local office in Jan 2005
Current since June 2007
They requested us to do the Medical with Skin Test again which we did
We also were asked for Code 3 FP what ever that means
Frustrated as ever!
All the best

I had PD 4/2003. Don't know how you survive for a PD with 2001.
Well... we just filed our AOS back in early June and my wife and I are waiting for 1 more year. If we didn't get the GC before next winter. we will go home.

Though my journey is far from over and I will not believe any Notices or online messages until I receive the card in hand, I will say to both GC_Woes and For My Country that sometimes our stories, our case situation seems to be the WORST of all.

Often when I would feel depressed and upset about my delays, I quietly thought about a friend who is "STILL" pending since September 2000. So, there is always someone out there who is in a worse situation than us. I agree with GC_Woes that for the most part we have to be detached from this process, think of it as something that will happen in it's own time (believe me, I was able to do it most of the time; occassionally I'd struggle with it, being a mere mortal).

My issue was not so much that I had not gotten a GC yet. It was the delay in hearing a YES or NO from USCIS. I had mentally prepared long time ago that I may never get a GC (and it still could happen) and may have to go back. I just wanted them to give me an answer in reasonable time-frame.

So, enage yourself in other activities, hobbies, meaningful work, volunteering, support a cause, support an orphan in third world, do something, but do not be consumed by this GC process. It will happen if it is meant to happen. If not, then there's always other doors that will open.

Also "For My Country" I also noticed today that the I/O I spoke with must have seen my I-181 notice mailed in the system but still told me I'm in a Security Check (second one). Lastly, if you have not already done so, contact your local congressman/woman and ask them to inquire on your case. Do it politely and firmly and tell them how much you appreciate it.

In the end, good luck, coz it really boils down to luck...

GC_Trap. Lets engage in educating the new commers to be pro active and how to deal with employers and attorneys who deliberatly apply brakes to delay the case.

After spending 9 years on H1, I tried to detach from the GC process. I was lucky to get the I 140 approved in 2005. My spouse and daughter got EAD. They went on to find new jobs and my attorney advised me that once dependents utilise EAD, the H1 is abondened and now we are waiting for AOS.

What pinched me is after paying taxes for 10 years, we had to use advance parole in Jun 2007 when we visited India for a family emergency. Now we all are paroled back into US. What a pity status.

New and unfamiliar LUD message!

This is the latest LUD on a new LIN number (non I-485 LIN) that relates to my case:

"On July 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service"

First of all, what does this mean? I have seen others who got two or three e-mails that related to "Card production ordered, Approval Notice Sent, and Card mailed". This one does not seem to relate to any of those three. I got the card production ordered message a few days ago and now this. Obviously, this notice is not Approval of I-485 message, correct?

Secondly, all of this is being tracked directly from USCIS' web-site as my actual case LUD on I-485 and e-mail portfolio has NEVER been updated since 2005. This is all part of a new LIN that I saw in the mail when they said that case I-181 is being processed for you.

I guess I need to hire another attorney just to decipher all these Notices and Numbers from USCIS.

This is the latest LUD on a new LIN number (non I-485 LIN) that relates to my case:

"On July 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service"

First of all, what does this mean? I have seen others who got two or three e-mails that related to "Card production ordered, Approval Notice Sent, and Card mailed". This one does not seem to relate to any of those three. I got the card production ordered message a few days ago and now this. Obviously, this notice is not Approval of I-485 message, correct?

Secondly, all of this is being tracked directly from USCIS' web-site as my actual case LUD on I-485 and e-mail portfolio has NEVER been updated since 2005. This is all part of a new LIN that I saw in the mail when they said that case I-181 is being processed for you.

I guess I need to hire another attorney just to decipher all these Notices and Numbers from USCIS.

Hi this is more confusing.
I 181 form at the end says.

Your application for status as permanent resident has been retained for processing. You will be notified when further action has been taken in your case. Your request to accept employment has been adjudicated and the result shown below. This employment authorization is valid only for the time necessary to decide your application for permanent residence.

........................................To avoid delay in the processing of your application, please do not call or write to inquire about the current status of your application

Sincerely yours,

District Director

This note at the end of the form vividly reveals that the case is only in process and your record is retained for processing. While I do not know the necessity to issue this notice, its really scary to read the last sentence. Why they are asking not to contact for update!!!

May be some legal brains would be able to decipher better.

GC_TRAP I still see light at the end of the tunnel for your case. Hope the tunnel ends soon.

You have reason to be hopeful For My Country...

Usually, an EAD is issued for one year, but if one is issued to you for a short duration, that is indicative that your case is coming to a close or completion. That's what I read somewhere from another poster.

We are all sailing in the same boat indeed, with our PDs from mid to late august. For whatever reason, we must have slipped through the cracks. I had come to believe that my luck on the GC issue is the worst, and I will never see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ironically, that may still happen.

Don't read too much from the last few lines of the letter. It is no different than an I/O telling me over the phone when I first opened a SR and called once to check, that I should not call or inquire if I want to avoid futher delays.

They just want to work at their own pace, even though we know how terribly slow and inefficient their pace is. I hate to tell you, but this battle we cannot win, we just have to let it go.

Did I tell you that the day I had mentally prepared myself that my case is a goner is the day that I got this I-181 RN. For months prior to that, I would check the mail with anticipation and hope, even with a sense of hopelessness. But the day I truly came to terms with it (the delay, the unknown) the news started pouring in.

I know it is very difficult for you right now (as it had been for me) but try to let it go, take it's own course. I'm confident you will give us all the good news shortly. Have faith, and hang on...

Did I tell you that the day I had mentally prepared myself that my case is a goner is the day that I got this I-181 RN. For months prior to that, I would check the mail with anticipation and hope, even with a sense of hopelessness. But the day I truly came to terms with it (the delay, the unknown) the news started pouring in.
Same sort of thing happened to me. I started a thread "Fed up, preparing to leave", and barely a week afterwards I got the magic email.

I think I'm finally done with this one, and one journey may have come to a close...

Same sort of thing happened to me. I started a thread "Fed up, preparing to leave", and barely a week afterwards I got the magic email.

...while others may have just begun. The actual card arrived in the mail today. There is a sense of relief but also a sense of indifference, surprisingly.

If you wait for something too long, you don't care too much for it. If you stay hungry too long, then your hunger dies out to some extent, it's like that. Maybe the feelings will change again in the next few days. I don't know how this will impact immediate life's plans...

EB3/India
August 2001 PD
July 2003 I-485 RD
SR enquiry: first week of June
Congressman enquiry: third week of July
Card received: today

...while others may have just begun. The actual card arrived in the mail today. There is a sense of relief but also a sense of indifference, surprisingly.

If you wait for something too long, you don't care too much for it. If you stay hungry too long, then your hunger dies out to some extent, it's like that. Maybe the feelings will change again in the next few days. I don't know how this will impact immediate life's plans...

EB3/India
August 2001 PD
July 2003 I-485 RD
SR enquiry: first week of June
Congressman enquiry: third week of July
Card received: today

GC_TRAP. My Hearty Congratulations.

Less then 24 hours ago, I wrote in reply to your frustrated post that soon you will see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here you are. What a releif!!!!

Congrats GC Trap. I was going to advice you not to lose hope, but loooks like you already got your GC. Congratulations !!

GC_TRAP, Congratulations!!!

So, I am the grandpa in the forum now. PD: Aug 2001 (EB3). Anyone else? Hellooo... helloooo :)

Thank you all for your wishes!

So, I am the grandpa in the forum now. PD: Aug 2001 (EB3). Anyone else? Hellooo... helloooo :)

It is indeed end of this wait...and I dare not think about Citizenship trap yet...that has it's own many years of wait. And maybe by then I'll change the screen name to Citizenship_trap. But, I'll take what I get just now.

GC_Woes, I know this sounds very cliched but if your case does not have any major issues, RFE issues, suspicious employment etc. you should not worry. You may be the grandpapa right now, but I bet there is someone worst off than you right here. It is REALLY all about patience with USCIS. I said that the week I joined this forum in 2006 and I find it to be true even today.

To all of you who are waiting, the more you struggle, the more you become desperate for it, the worst it gets. Let go of the outcome, let it take it's due course. Keep busy and keep your mind off this process, otherwise it will drive you mad. I know poor souls who fret and worry about the GC as soon as they open their eyes to the time they go to bed. In the end, majority get it, but all those many years of anxiety and stress for what purpose?

On a side note, I would make a suggestion to all 2000, 2001 filers. If you have had no updates on your case in a long time, your I-485 has been filed more than six months, and you have already done INFOPASS or opened a Service Request, then you should seriously consider contacting local Congressman or Senator's office, requesting them to get an update on your behalf. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. But, in either case, it doesn't harm.

I wish you and others good luck. Hang in there!

Hi, I am a grandpa in real life too and still waiting for this eluding GC along with my second daughter who just got her I 140 aproved and submitted I 485.