Just talked to IIO!

rama_1

Hello everyone,

I just talked to an IIO at Vermont and she was very nice lady. Asked her regarding my EAD. My H1 visa expires in the first month of January 2003. I did not get EAD hoping that I receive my 485 approval before that. My Rd date is 09/19/2001 and ND is 11/13/2001. I explained the situation and asked her if I need to get EAD. She said if I want to be safe better get EAD. She also mentioned that they go by Notice date not by Receipt Date. So since my ND is Nov she said it would take one more month for my case to be picked up.

Mm...I think she might be right...I am not going to be illusioned anymore thinking that my I485 approval is very near...

Whoever got approved for Sep 2001 cases are just lucky ones...

No. They do go by RD, not ND. Two IIOs are completely confused with RD and ND.

You may get approved today.

IIO's

gcwait0902 firstly ric2 is right they go by RD.

Secondly my RD is the same as yours and I spoke to an IIo who told me that my case was NOv 21 case (which is my ND) so I looked it up and called them back. This time the IIO told me that my case was a sept case and that infact an RFE was issued not mailed and that there were people from another dept helping them and they must have made a mistake.

If I were you I would wait till atleast mid oct (90 day prior to your h-1 expiry) before I would file for an EAD.

mdm

Thanks ric2 and mdm

Thanks for the responses.

I have reached the peak of frustration on this!

Let us see....

it goes by RD

I think they process the records based on RD.

I checked up the I-485 official document posted previously. If you have access to it, please check Section 6: Workload Distribution on page 131.

it says "Work Load distrivution (i.e staging,routing and distributing files) stages work by month of data entry receipt date.

Mad

Even my RD is the same 09/19. I called the IIO on Sept 11th and she said that my case is under review and I will hear something within next 2 weeks.
I am pretty sure they process based on RD. RUPNET proves that it is true. But always there are some cases which are lucky and some are not.

RD's ND confusion

Is it possible that they actually go by Receipt month like within Sep and then they go by ND's.

Like a SQL query like this

Select receipt_date,notice_date from I485_tab
group by receipt_date,notice_date having receipt_date = 'Sep';

I tried to check the rupnet data to confirm this,but boy it is taking more that an hour now...