Just talked to IIO

f s

Registered Users (C)
I just talked to an IIO and she told me that my case is pending. I asked what pending means, she told me that futher decision has to be made. I asked her if that means the case if active. She said yes.

My concerning is that if there is a difference between "case pending" and "on hold". I am so frustrated and anxious since they RFEed me in March 29 and they received my RFE on 4/26. I know I should wait a little more. But after seeing many people get approved, I become more an more restless. Please tell me about your opinion about "pending"

Thanks

Frand

No Title

There is no point for you to be talking to an IIO. The IIO has no say in what is going to happen to your case. It all depends on the person who is processing your case. The IIOs are people who just look up the current status of your case on the computer and will make an educated guess as to how long the processing will take. They normally tend to overestimate the processing time to discourage people from calling too often.

You might have seen on the board that people were informed that their cases will take longer, when in fact they were approved within a couple of days. I would say just hang in there.

GOOD LUCK

No Title

Thanks for the reply.

I just read too many people saying on hold cases because of company name changes. I asked my attorney and he said since the federal tax ID did not change in my case, it is not necessary for him to do any amended I140. That worried me and triggered me to call to see if my case is still "active". I think you are right, those II just answer calls and they do not know too much about the cases any way (they only have the access to the data base). I won\'t call again during the day this month (think about how many times you have to try to get through, I reckon only people who are desparetly anxious are calling).

Frank

No Title

Thanks for the reply.

I just read too many people saying on hold cases because of company name changes. I asked my attorney and he said since the federal tax ID did not change in my case, it is not necessary for him to do any amended I140. That worried me and triggered me to call to see if my case is still "active". I think you are right, those IIOS just answer calls and they do not know too much about the cases any way (they only have the access to the data base). I won\'t call again during the day this month (think about how many times you have to try to get through, I reckon only people who are desparetly anxious are calling).

Frank