My details:
PD April/98
RD August 14th 99
ND Sep 2nd 99
FP July 20th 00
NO RFE
NO APPROVAL
COMPANY NAME CHANGE
I just talked to IIO, She is saying, Your case is with officer and no change from the last time you called. When I mentioned about the name change of my company(I140 name is different from I485 name), she put me on hold to talk to her supervisor. Then she explained me that they are waiting for some guidelines from Head office regarding name change cases. When I mentioned about some cases got RFE for I140 redo, she said INS can’t ask to file I140 redo and I don’t know how they got RFEs for I140redos. She mentioned that you can voluntarily file I140 redo and send the I140 redo approval to INS then your case may progress and get approved. She doesn’t know when they are going to get new guidelines and they don’t have any time frame.

So I think it better to file for I140 redo voluntarily for cases with no RFE and on hold.

No Title

What number did you call to find out your 485 status?
And what did they ask you for?

No Title

Looks like we will be trapped in this INS vagaries unless we take some action. If you file I-140 redo on your own with no rfe it will be treated like any other i-140 and will take 6-8 months to approve.

My opinion is that since most of us are past the 540 day maximum limit for 485 approval by VSC, we can collectively file writ mandamus forcing VSC to take action. Only this will force them either to issue redo RFE or approve the petition. Please share your thoughts.

No Title

Hi super star,
    Thanks for sharing this information. My case details also exactly as yours ( No RFE and under review). Only difference is my ND is 13 days later than yours. Whole of yesterday, I was on the road. I did not see your message. This is the message I was looking for.
   Today I called the IIO, she said that still it is with officer and uner review. Wait for another a month for the decision. I did not tell her that my company changed its name.

Thanks again for shariing the information.

Mogaram

No Title

Hi Mogaram: Yours is a strange case. You are being delayed w/o any apparent reason. Everyone else w/ you dates is being delayed for some or the other reason. Do you think there could be a reason for the delay that you have not discussed on the board?

No Title

Hi 485hope,
    I did not explain my case detail in this thread since I have provided it in the earlier threads. please follow this link
to know my details.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?14@@.eefbf6f/2

Just in case,
   Pd 07/97
   RD 08/99
   ND 09/15/99
   No RFE , under review as on 03/16/01
   INDIA

In continuation to my earlier message, I would like to share some of
my thoughts with my fellow sufferers. Please let me know what do you
think about these ideas.

1. We should first form a group and identify ourselves through
          the private mails. If need be share the phone #s also.
       2. Share the ideas and information that we get from IIO.
       3. Depending upon the number people in this group, on a round
robin basis, we should call the IIO almost on a daily basis and share the information among the group. The calling schedule
should be in such a way that one person should call IIO once
in a fortnight. This way we will get the status of our group
cases almost on a daily basis. ( If the same person calls the INS too
frequently, IIO gets annoyed with him)
This are just a few of my thoughts. You may agree or disagree with
this. I am looking forward more suggestions from this group.

This may reduce our pain also. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Mogaram.